The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 3" GST downpipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SneezyGst

Probationary Member
May 29, 2021
Howell, Michigan
Morning guys-

I bought a 98 gst and had planned on running a full apexi n1 exhaust. I've been out of the game so long I didn't realize they were discontinued.
I was able to get the full 3" cat back and found a cx racing downpipe locally for $50 but come to find out I need a connector piece...
Is there a downpipe for gst on the market now that's 3" and a direct bolt to exhaust? Or do I have to buy a 3" test pipe??

Appreciate the help.

Evening guys.. struggling for some help, turning to you...

I have a 98 gst. I bought an apexi n1 exhaust and picked up a cx racing downpipe. Didn't realize until all was done and said it still needs a test pipe or cat.

I have everything hung and when I measure the gap to make the test pipe its only 2.5 inches... when I review other test pipes they are almost 18 inches!!

The apexi exhaust cane with a connector to a stock downpipe and its 3.5 inches and bottle necks down to 2.25 in.

Does 2.5 inches seem to small for a downpipe? Anyone else have a similar setup and can tell me the round about length???

Appreciate it in advance!

Pipes

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The downpipe should not need a "test pipe" as it replaces the stock cat. Since both are 3" 2 bolt flanged exhausts I do not see why they will not line up. I am not 100% familiar with the cx racing DP, but the n1 does not need that adapter if going to an aftermarket exhaust like the Apexi you said you have. That adapter is only for going to the factory exhaust and should not be used. Maybe post a pic of what issue you are having - if there is a gap.

I'll post tonight. Everything is on the hangers as it should be. I have to physically force the 2 together, confident it shouldn't be that way.

Whats getting me caught up is that the exhaust is cat back and the dp isn't a cat delete.. that wouldn't require a test pipe as it creates a gap where the cat should be?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back