The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

3" blow through setup, idle problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I finally fixed my idle and stall problems. It didn't have the bad stall like you guys did but it did stall alot on take off.

So anyway here is how I fixed my problem..... I totally changed my throttle body. I was about to try changing back to my 1G maf or see about taking out the Fidanza but after trying all diffrent sensors and getting no where I tried another TB off a car I know idled and ran fine that also has a light weight flywheel and MAFT setup.

Totally fixed my issue. Too bad I gotta return this TB. Guess its off to the bone yard I go.

Was the FIAV on the new throttle body new?

I swear the FIAV causes almost all idle issues, not just related to cold start. I had horrendous idle issues, one after the other, including idle surge, car wanting to die, idle not increasing when car cold.

Once the FIAV was changed, the car idled like brand new. So, I guess what I'm saying is, maybe it wasn't the TB, but the FIAV. And the FIAV is cheaper than the TB replacement.

In my case it was the FIAV. I tried swaping out all my sensors, I tried buying a new ISC and nothing did it.

Changing out the TB itself did the job. Yes it was the FIAV. Seems the wax pellet went bad.

I sold my new ISC and I'm doing a FIAV block off, screw it. I only drive it in the nice weather so it wont be that big of a deal without a ISC.

Luda, you might wanna try swaping out TB's with one off a friends DSM that idles proper.

Yeah, I swear changing the FIAV made the world of difference. I tried the ISC first, because everyone seemed to think that the idle surge and all other associate problems was being caused by that. The new ISC did nothing. I just said forget and bought the FIAV from the dealer ($150) and slapped it on there. That was probably the best mod I ever did because I hated when my hoopty kept dying out in front of people! :mad:

LOL.. hell ya that shit sucked. Mine stalled alot too =)

I'm running my friends tb right now but I'm just going to do a fiav block off, #### it, who needs one ;)

Well, I have to drive my car in the winter, so I had not choice. No block off for me. If you can do it, go for it. Happy driving (without stalling). :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back