The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

-3 AN SS Brake Lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex7747

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2010
Hesperia, California
Okay so I've been searching for a couple days and cannot find an answer to my question. Im at the point in my build (the 280z, this is not a DSM) that i need to work on my brake system. Im starting off with the brake lines though. I've torn out all my brake lines because they are close to 40 years old and needed the piece of mind.. Anyway, I've decided to replace them with -3 AN Stainless steel lines and all the appropriate fittings. The hardware i plan on using are as follows:

So, my question is this: would it be safe to use SS brake lines with the fittings listed above?

Keep in mind that this car will never be daily driven (mainly only driven on the weekends) and will be lucky to see 3k miles a year.
I do not want to use hard lines so please don't suggest that as i hate hard lines and will not consider using them, unless i have no other choice.

Those are all fine. You're going to find putting the hose ends onto -3 Teflon hose a real pain, but it's doable. You may want to consider complete lines (with the hose ends already crimped on). They're available in tons of different lengths. You just need to figure out the lengths you need. I'm pretty sure Jegs would carry them, but if they don't, there are plenty of places that do.

Those lines are not recomended to run the hole car because they have flex room so instead of putting all the pressure in the caliper the line will bulge and make less pressure in caliper. That's why your only suppose to run flex line very short where it needs to move...

Those are all fine. You're going to find putting the hose ends onto -3 Teflon hose a real pain, but it's doable. You may want to consider complete lines (with the hose ends already crimped on). They're available in tons of different lengths. You just need to figure out the lengths you need. I'm pretty sure Jegs would carry them, but if they don't, there are plenty of places that do.
Thanks. Im sure i can handle the install LOL.
As for the complete lines, ive considered (and still am considering) using them but i was mainly wondering about the safety of the -3 swivel fittings. I would hate a failure of my brakes because of those. I suppose it will be safe since thats what theyre designed for...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back