The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A 2gNT P1495 and P0443 codes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMOCTANE

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 5, 2011
New Britain, Connecticut
Whats up everyone? I've owned a 99' Mitsubishi Eclipse GS w/ n/t 420a engine since 2007 and have always had a CEL come on for code p1495, and now recently P0443. I understand the concept of what each code indicates (p1495 leak detection pump & P0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit.) I have also done extensive research on DSMtuners to learn about other's personal experiences with these codes, but haven't been able to figure out a solution for each. Has any member on here been able to successfully resolve such codes, and if so HOW?! :pray:

Check for broken or disconnected hoses in the EVAP system. The P1495 is likely a vacuum leak somewhere due to a cracked or disconnected hoses. The P0443 code is most likely a purge valve that will need replaced. But, fix the vacuum leak first, clear the codes, and see if the P0443 code comes back before spending the money to replace it. Good luck!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back