The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

420A 2gNT Loose pulley

Jonnychance

Proven Member
Jul 2, 2017
Cashmere, Washington
I was watching this pulley it seems to move quite a bit. I'm sure I need to replace the belt because it squeaks in the cold but I might as do both. Video below of pulley. Middle video I hadn't re-tightened the tensioner yet.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:

BLACK'98DSM

Proven Member
Feb 9, 2019
Alabama
This is the 420a, the water pump is not driven by the serpentine belt but instead the timing belt.

It is possible that the power steering pulley is warped. I had to replace mine at one point. But just for an easy check make sure the nut that holds the pulley on the shaft is tight.

Jonnychance

Proven Member
Jul 2, 2017
Cashmere, Washington
This is the 420a, the water pump is not driven by the serpentine belt but instead the timing belt.

It is possible that the power steering pulley is warped. I had to replace mine at one point. But just for an easy check make sure the nut that holds the pulley on the shaft is tight.
Do you the torque specs for that bolt I can't find anything in the haynes manual.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds