The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

420A 2gNT GEAR OIL for 1997 420a

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbizmo

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 3, 2005
Salinas, California
I i been searching and i found out that i can use ATF+4 Fluid from the dealer from a 2003 dodge neon also i found out that i can use NVT350 and other what i want to know what other oils BESIDES the Dealer can I use? I heard i can use any 85W 90 is that right ?

Theres a huge thread over on 2gNT about this and there are SOO many different opinions. Even Bullett was saying he uses something else. I put in the dealership fluid a while ago and it seems to be working fine. It was quite expensive but for the one time I will need to change it, I am okay with that. There might be others but with all of the opinions flying around I would just use the dealership fluid unless someone speaks up and is sure about it.

SO i cant use ATF+4 on my 1997 manual eclipse? i heard alot of people use it correct me if im wrong but doesnt ATF stand for AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID???

SO i cant use ATF+4 on my 1997 manual eclipse????
YES!!!!!

Here's the gig; It was decided to recommend ATF+4 for their NVT-350 tranny's. After all these years of insisting that you MUST use the "special" dealership fluid, all of the sudden, they are recommending the ATF+4 (stinks to high heaven of cost savings tactic for their assembly).

It will work (I have used it in a couple of my daily's). But I don't like it. I can no longer find the Mopar fluid locally, so I used it for a little while. I thought the shifts were a little stickier. I went to the Amsoil synthetic MTX fluid and it got better. Hands down.

On Neons.org there was a thread where they actually tested a bunch of these fluids. The Amsoil was right at the top (even above the Mopar) and the cellar dweller? Yup, you guessed it, the ATF+4.

So, yes you can use it, but no I don't like it ;)

MB

Ok well I put the dealer fluid and my car is running already. I bleed the Clutch times and Brakes. One question my brakes feel really soft, I am going to bleed them again in my understanding u only bleed the front ones right?

Also the clutch pedal feels really soft and sometimes the gears are hard to put in to a point that I sometimes grind them, any advice. Should it feel lose after a clutch job? I am probably going to bleed the clutch master cylinder again.

Also there is a ticking sound close to the wipers don't know where its coming from but u and hear it inside the car is not super loud but u can hear it sound like a short circuit or something. So if u have any ideas please reply....

OK well I bled the brakes and there perfect now. I bleed the clutch master cylinder and I don't know whats wrong but the gears seem to still go in rough once in a while to a point that I grind them also the clutch feels soft still so any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back