The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G 2gNT Engine swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadow19

Probationary Member
Dec 15, 2021
Elgin, Illinois
I have a quick question I’m trying to swap my stock engine on my 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS , I wanna buy a vq motor from a 2004 Infiniti coupe g35 do you guys think by any chance it will fit on my 99 eclipse ?

Ive just realised the OP was entirely hijacked. We need to go back on topic please. The rest of us please start other threads as applicable.

3g chassis and 2g chassis are not the same. You really think all suspension dimensions are the same? Track, travel, location....all the same? If if even bolts in that doesn't mean it's correct. Pull the joint out of the cup some and see what happens when you make a tight turn.

Had to chime in on this, the 2G & 3G actually are VERY similar in design as far as chassis goes from the firewall back. How else do you think those guys go AWD let alone use the rear subframe from these cars as well? It's because that gen was supposed to be just like this one but I guess Mitsubishi caught the lackluster sales of the top 4G63 models that they changed it real quick at the last minute to be closer to the Evo platform that was coming to the states in a couple of years like they planned on doing.

Funny enough, in the same vein, the 2G was also supposed to have a V6 in it too which would explain the Avenger having one and being basically the same as the 2G in design from the midsection forward which would make total sense. Especially since someone has 75nm swapped an Avenger some years ago and a couple of people have 6G72 & 6G73 swapped 2G's but sadly they used the automatic transmission when a 3G F5M51 manual transmission would work just fine with the proper mounts and stuff. You'd be surprised man.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back