The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A 2gNT eclipse will crank but wont run

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RawrLove

Probationary Member
Jun 23, 2012
dalton, Georgia
My 98 eclipse rs will crank but will not run at all. I've had the car for 2 and a half years and finally got the valve job and every thing done but now its been dead in my garage for 3 months and its driving me crazy. Its getting fire and fuel, its in time all marks line up, its stock 420a.

Here is a list of everything I've done to it since it stopped running to try to bring it back to life

all gaskets, all belts, all hoses, plugs and wires, coil pack, radiator, thermostat, throttle position sensor, map sensor, o2 sensor, walbro 255 fuel pump, fuel filter, magnaflow catalytic converter, thrust turbo muffler, cam shaft sensor,

the codes read TPS and MAP sensor but they r brand new not even 3 weeks old

need help please please so far im out 6grand in restoring this stupid thing

Last edited by a moderator:
You've had the car for 2-1/2 years, but it's only been dead for the last three months. What happened three months ago?

You've had the car for 2-1/2 years, but it's only been dead for the last three months. What happened three months ago?
what happened was that i restored the head and all that was running good but my radiator fans wouldnt work so my grandpa was checking it out and he unpluged the sensor that tells the fans to kick on and then pluged it back up while the car was running all of sudden the car starts shaking a lil battery light comes on and water starts coming out of the top of the battery

sounds like the ecu
if it was the ecu the car wouldnt do anything but if u unplug the mapp sensor the car will run but very roughly

it was the computer the whole time got a new one and now the car runs but,, after driveing for awhile and i stop at a redlight or stopsign and i have to sit for a lil while the car will drop idle to 400 -500 and sometimes it will die.... what else is wrong? no codes showing up

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back