The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 2gNT Battery dies fast after battery relocation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvreclips

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 19, 2005
Greenville, South_Carolina
I relocated the battery a few weeks ago and ever since then the battery dies super fast if I am playing the radio or anything like that. I mounted the battery in the truck with a 150amp fuse and then ran 2ga wire to the distribution block in the engine bay. The distribution block connects to the starter, alt, and fuse box. Anything that was on the battery terminal before is now on the distribution block. The car runs good and charges fine, over 13v at the battery when running.

The only issues is that the battery dies so fast, its not a drain since it doesnt die when sitting but if I play the radio for like 20min while working on the car it wont start then. Also did a compression test the other day and by cylinder 4 the car would barely turn over with the battery. I have tried 2 different batterys and also charge them after they die so they get a full charge.

Anyone ever had issues like this? Or where I should start looking for problems? I guess checking the voltage drop across the relocation wire would be a good idea.

Got the battery tested today and its pulling 0.31 amps with no keys in it. Guess there is a small drain somewhere I will have to look into.

Start disconnecting the items at the distro block one at a time until the pulling stops. That will let know know exactly where it is draining from.

I am getting ready to relocate my battery as we speak curious if you ever figured out what the problem was. only doing the relocation because the new autozone 90 amp alt I got 3 weeks ago went out and putting the new one in tonight/tomrrow

Yes I did figure it out. During this whole process i replaced my busted door handle and the electric lock switch that plugs on the back of the key cylinder had fell off, but it fell off when it was in the lock position on the switch so the locks where constantly pulling power. Turned the switch back to the neutral position and no more issues.

It had nothing to do with the relocation

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back