1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Street Build 2geezy

Year:
Model/Trim:
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. jkuga

jkuga Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2017
    Silverton, Oregon

Street Build 244  6

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. jkuga

jkuga Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2017
    Silverton, Oregon
    Finally got around to making a build thread. I got this car on the day before new years eve 2017. I had been looking for about a year for any dsm really and this one popped up not too far from me with only 57k on it. I threw caution to the winds and went and bought it on the spot. Well I should have listened to my gut, because although its not as rough as most dsm's you see on craigslist now it still needed some TLC. It is pretty much up to date on maintenance now and I daily drove it for the summer of 2018 with no issues.

My next step right now is to bleed the clutch as the pedal stays down whenever you push it in and throughout this past summer shifting was uncomfortably notchy. After I bleed it I will decide if it needs new clutch cylinders or not. After that I will be rebuilding the front suspension, and getting some feal coilovers and enkei rpf1's. I purchased the downpipe and o2 housing that punishment racing links to on amazon and they seem ok. The flanges on the o2 housing aren't perfectly flat so I will be fixing that before I put those on. Waiting on a A pillar pod to ship out from lotek and then I can put in my innovate boost gauge. that I bought as well. 20190226_210750.jpg 20180920_103659.jpg

Street Build 244  6

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. jkuga

jkuga Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2017
    Silverton, Oregon
    Got some new wheels a few weeks ago, next step is coilovers!
    20190616_170012[1].jpg

Street Build 244  6

awd · manual · 2G DSM
    ThunderChild likes this.