The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2Gb Talon or 2Gb Eclipse styling?

Which 2Gb model is better looking?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i have both damn near as my avatar shows and i love my talon with the 2gb talon front and everything else is 2ga talon including the tow nail wing, i dont like the 2gb talon vains down them, but i did put a talon high rise on my 2ga eclipse with the 2gb eclipse front bumper... haha its different

How about this????...I like mine...and a lot others..I just love any look really, they're all respectable...thats why I stick with DSM!...by the way I have a 2ga with 2gb everything...guess I shouldn't talk...;)

2GB Talon with the twisty's FTW. I have everything to convert the exterior on my 99 over to a Talon except the twisty skirts.

I'm biased, I readily admit it, but I'm pretty surprised by the results so far. I always thought that the overwhelming majority had the opinion that the 97+ Talon was the more desirable out of the two, especially since they're so much rarer and thereby also more unique. Maybe it's just because there are more Eclipse examples out in the world, and therefore more Eclipse owners are members here, and we're all just voting for what we own?

Production numbers:

Talon:
1995: 25,066
1996: 15,100
1997: 9,788
1998: 4,307
1999: 0

Eclipse:
1995 218,161
1996 192,961
1997 189,086
1998 157,139
1999 161,844

...so from the factory there were 14,095 examples of a 2Gb Talon and 508,069 examples of a 2Gb Eclipse that ever existed. That means there's 36 2Gb Eclipses for every 2Gb Talon.

I prefer the 2Gb look because of the menacing look of a FMIC in the bumper, no gaps or anything, like its ment to be there, and the right sized wheels with a decent offset (no +48 crap) sets it off.

But a very close second is a 2Gb talon front, 2Gb eclipse sides, and a 2Ga/b talon rear either wingless or the talon wing.

Last edited:
I'm biased, I readily admit it, but I'm pretty surprised by the results so far. I always thought that the overwhelming majority had the opinion that the 97+ Talon was the more desirable out of the two, especially since they're so much rarer and thereby also more unique. Maybe it's just because there are more Eclipse examples out in the world, and therefore more Eclipse owners are members here, and we're all just voting for what we own?

Production numbers:

Talon:
1995: 25,066
1996: 15,100
1997: 9,788
1998: 4,307
1999: 0

Eclipse:
1995 218,161
1996 192,961
1997 189,086
1998 157,139
1999 161,844

...so from the factory there were 14,095 examples of a 2Gb Talon and 508,069 examples of a 2Gb Eclipse that ever existed. That means there's 36 2Gb Eclipses for every 2Gb Talon.

I read somewhere yesterday that there were pnly 2,9XX 98 Talons made in all trims. I'm not sure as to how correct that number is though. Either way, the trend is clear that after MMMA took over, They intent was to phase out the Talon.

I think you are correct about your theory as to why the Eclipse is winning. I think most people vote for what they own. I have always been a Talon guy. I have owned 2Ga's since 2005, but have always loved the look of the 2Gb Talon. It had been a dream of mine, that finally came true in July, to own one. So I can speak for myself as being biased to the Talon, but for me it is not because I own one. It is more because I have always wanted one (and finally have one :D).

Either way, I think the reason I have always liked Talon's better is because the Eclipse rear bumper is too big. It makes it look like it has a big ass. I converted my first Talon to an Eclipse rear end, and decided I didn't like it as much as the Talon rear end. And the 2Gb Talon front bumper is just badass. I do, however, like the 2Gb Eclipse headlights better, but the work involved to fit them to the Talon bumper just wouldn't be worth it to me. So i just went with black housing headlights instead.

I don't know why people argue over this. Both 2Gb Talon's and 2GB Eclipse's are badass looking. As long as they are clean with decent paint/wheels/drop, then they are sexy! Although the 2gb Talon is WAY more rare. I NEVER see them around my area. There was only a limited amount, and that's not including all the ones that guys turned into Eclipses :ohdamn:
I'd say 20 years from now the Talon TSi AWD is going to be a very sought after car. Eagle's were only made for 9 years or so, and the Talon TSi AWD was there Flagship.

Attachments

• 06-28-09_2048.jpg
    06-28-09_2048.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 53
  • 06-28-09_2045.jpg
    06-28-09_2045.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 52
Thinking about the two cars (Eclipse, Talon) makes me laugh because of all the false information the general public has on these two separate, yet nearly identical, platforms. For some reason they think there are differences in performance, I keep hearing that Talons came twin turbo for some reason! Run production numbers on the TT Talon Zack, I'd be curious as to what info you pull up... LOL JUST KIDDING!

I think they are both great looking cars but since my budget and garage space only let me have one or the other I chose to have the best of both worlds. I've never had anyone come up to me yet and ask "Is that a Talon or an Eclipse?" So unless your a DSM head like all of us nobody knows any better.

:dsm:

I have a 98 Talon and personally thought that the big ugly WWF style logo on the front bumper, strange front bumper aerodynamics that don't match anything else, ugly starkes sticking out of the side and weird boomerang looking things on the rear bumper was not something I found "sexy". From 20 feet away, it might look nice but when I got closer, I felt like nothing flows well on a 2Gb Talon... but opinions are like a-holes and everyone has one!

I have a setup that I like; 2Gb Eclipse front bumper, 2Ga Talon Rear Bumper, kept the 2Gb Talon high rise wing, removed the side starkes and 2Gb Eclipse side skirts will go on in the future. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back