The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2gb fuel tank needle gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maikus08

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 26, 2011
Buenos Aires, South_America
Hello, guys

I was doing the how to light the gauge clusters with led and in the process i noticed my fuel tank needle gauge it moves like a stone, not even close to normal... is this normal to everyone? its a 2gb 98 gst. Also when i full the tank tales a while to go up and takes more than an hour to go down when car is off... i wish it turned fast as the todays cars (which i guess there is no way to do that with stock gauge isnt it?).

Just realized today i had the needle in the first line from the bottom of the gauge almost Empty right?!!... then i fill the tank till it get gas out of the fuel line hole at the trunk and i got 46 litters... our tanks are 60 litters , iwonder where are the missing litters... as the reserve can not be other 14 litters can they?

On our cars it's normal for the fuel gauge to take a long time (minutes) to rise (it's heating a bi-metal strip). When turned off however it should stay at the current level.

Yes the reserve can be 14L. My tank is empty when the needle goes past the lowest line and is touching the edge of the gauge! And this is quite normal on these cars! Try carrying some extra gas in a can sometime (after the gauge hits lowest line) and run the tank out so you will know once and for all where real empty is! It's saved me many times finding this out.

Only if you cranked it for an hour. All cars run out of gas sooner or later due to human error or whatever. Fuel pumps are designed to handle a couple minutes of no fuel without damage (eg. burning out due to no fuel to cool them).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back