The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 2GB Aftermarket Bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty Landrum

Supporting VIP
Jul 15, 2019
Denver, Colorado
I was wondering if anyone here has installed a decent aftermarket OEM style bumper on a 2GB eclipse and what brand it is. I am installing an aftermarket intercooler that needs the front bumper to be trimmed and I am not wanting to cut my OEM bumped in case I return the car back to stock. I have seen some aftermarket bumpers that have awful fitment issues and bad gaps so hoping to get some feedback before I pull the trigger on one. I don't mind if it has the triangle or not in the front as I will be filling it in if it does. Just want a good fitment. For support I am using the boosted fabrication brackets and not the crash bar. Thank you everyone.

I actually just bought one and it fits pretty nice. I'm not sure if all of the oem ones online are the same or not. I had to keep mine out of the box in my warm garage, because when it got to my house the edges were folded to fit in the box. It was zero degrees out so it had to be worked back to its original shape. There's a few things that do kind of suck like the side marker lights did not fit very well at all. Everything else seemed fine, fog light bezels screwed in fine and the bumper fitment wasn't to bad for me anyways. Hopefully this somewhat gives you an idea of what to expect. I bought mine for 170$ shipped, so I'm not sure if there all the same or not.

I just got one as well. It was shipped folded in a box but I unpacked it and you can barely tell it was folded. Gonna have to hit it with a heat gun in one spot to make it perfect. Haven't fit it on the car yet but I did put the side markers in it and just like jesse12345 said they do not fit perfect. Not terrible but could be better. Tong Yang is the brand and made in Taiwan.

A few photos. You can barely see where it was folded.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Mine doesn't have a triangle or emblem on it and it fits poorly on the passenger side, especially under the headlight, which has a weird hump. It was on the car when I bought it, so I have no idea where it's from or who made it, but I am definitely not happy with it.

I feel like you made the right call on preserving your OEM bumper. 👍 I had a hard time finding one that wasn't cut up or damaged.

Makes sense as that is where mine was folded as well.
If you could, keep me updated with how it fits on the car when you get it mounted. That is what I am worried about honestly, is the passenger side gap area. The one aftermarket I have seen up close in person fit awesome on the drivers side, but looked to be cut short or formed short on the passenger side and there was a gap.

If you could, keep me updated with how it fits on the car when you get it mounted. That is what I am worried about honestly, is the passenger side gap area. The one aftermarket I have seen up close in person fit awesome on the drivers side, but looked to be cut short or formed short on the passenger side and there was a gap.
I did a quick test fit for you and took some photos. Nothing is bolted down but it fits pretty damn good in my opinion. Let me know if you require more photos. Not too many though because it's damn cold in there. :D

Dude thank you so much! How does it look looking from the front down around the headlights on both sides?? That is the huge concern I have.. there being a bad gap or cut short around the bottom of the headlights.
Looks good to me. See for yourself.

Thank you. Got the bumper on ebay from a seller that's a little more expensive but with decent reviews although I think it was drop shipped from a warehouse anyway. You can find them cheaper though.

Thank you. Got the bumper on ebay from a seller that's a little more expensive but with decent reviews although I think it was drop shipped from a warehouse anyway. You can find them cheaper though.

Just ordered it LOL. Thank you so much.

I also bought one of those bumpers from Ebay. It was supposed to be smooth but it ended up having the triangle anyway. Nothing a little Bondo and primer couldn't fix though.

Side markers fit ok on it. Not perfect but my build isn't perfect either.

The fitment of the bumper was fine, I think the headlights were the body line issues you may see

Wanted to give everyone interested or that may find this thread later an update. So I ordered the bumper listed above and it came in so freaking fast. Only took two days. It IS folded in the box when it comes in BUT I simply took it out of the box and sat it in the sun and within 5mins it has relaxed and could not even tell it was bent.. there is one small area on the bottom I will heat with a heat gun while clamping it though to even it out.. here it is so far.. glad it does not have the triangle on it too!

Out of box..

After sitting in sun for literally only 5 mins..

Wanted to give everyone interested or that may find this thread later an update. So I ordered the bumper listed above and it came in so freaking fast. Only took two days. It IS folded in the box when it comes in BUT I simply took it out of the box and sat it in the sun and within 5mins it has relaxed and could not even tell it was bent.. there is one small area on the bottom I will heat with a heat gun while clamping it though to even it out.. here it is so far.. glad it does not have the triangle on it too!

Out of box..

Hey do you have a link for that new one

Many front urethane bumpers now come folded like that, my truck bumper even came folded into a ball with shrink wrap around it, most of the folds come clean if you lay it in the sun on both sides for a few hours, and the rest can be taken out with a heat gun, it saves big money on shipping when they ship them this way, some companies offer free shipping if you let them fold it and if you dont want it folded then they charge actual truck shipping on it, I am guessing the reason that they come so fast is that they dont want them staying folded for more than a few days to decrease the chance of permanently deforming them.

A few photos. You can barely see where it was folded.

I vouch for this bumper. Lots of trimming was needed, but I got one locally for 50$ and it had holes pre-drilled and everything. Great unit

I vouch for this bumper. Lots of trimming was needed, but I got one locally for 50$ and it had holes pre-drilled and everything. Great unit

With this bumper there is no trimming at all for stock fitment. I will be trimming mine only because of putting a front mount on. Otherwise it would just bolt up. Very happy with this aftermarket for sure.

Out of box..

Out of box..

I would've left mine out in the sun as well if it wasn't 5 degrees out.:D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back