The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G 2ga to 2gb door molding

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepheron

Probationary Member
Jun 11, 2009
Vero Beach, Florida
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

(This isn't a photo of my car) BUT, this part of the door molding (the part right above the side skirt) has broken off my 96 RS!

DSM Graveyard says that there are NONE in the country for a 2Ga and they aren't produced anymore? My question is, if I happen to find a couple for 2Gb, would they fit up and look okay, or not?

Well thats what I was talkin about.... those are kinda hard to find, did you check any junk yards around? I thought all 2G door caps were all the same though?

Oh haha, sorry. Yeah, any Eclipses I found in the yards are either 1G and riced or 2G and completely gutted and/or smashed. I dunno if they're the same because people list them online differently or separately, just wondering if anyone had confirmation for or against this

hmmm yeah Im not 100% sure if they are the same, I used 99 Eclipse GS doors ( they came with no door caps) on my 98 Talon TSI. And got door caps off a 96 Talon TSI for the 99 GS doors. They worked fine for me

Hmm alright, thanks everyone. Here's to hoping 97-99 door caps will be the same!

The 95-96 door caps are not the same as the 97-99 door caps. I've listed the OEM part numbers below.

Part number for left door 95-96 - MR186135
Part number for right door 95-96 - MR186136

Part number for left door 97-99 - MR248255
Part number for right door 97-99 - MR248256

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back