The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 2GA Talon w/ VRSF IC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrackedDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2009
Pensacola, Florida
Mods, first off feel free to move this to the proper area if I didn't put it in the right spot. Not sure where to put it.

That said, anyone got pictures of an SSAC/VRSF FMIC on a 2GA Talon w/ stock front bumper? No offense to anyone, but I don't like 2GB Eclipse bumpers on 2GA Talons. It's cool if you do, but that's not gonna happen with me.

I'm not afraid to do some cuttin' and trimmin', but would like to know what I'm getting into first hand. I tried searching, with no real luck. Really want some pics but couldn't find any with the SSAC/VRSF kit. Feel free to just post a link with no context if you find one! I appreciate any help on this.

If no pictures are posted, I'll just simply post them myself when I actually do the install here soon(with a full write-up including pictures of an SSAC/VRSF kit installed on a 2G Automatic for posterities sake).

Did a little more searching, these are the only pictures I could find really, and it doesn't show what had to be cut, or how it affected the cars temps/air flow. But, incase anyone else is curious here's the pics.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Pictures courtesy of @2GturboTALON profile pictures. Maybe he can chime in with how the car did after the install and what he had to cut! But again, if not, I'll post these things when I install mine.

Not sure if my opinion will help since I installed the ex-punishment racing kit (or whatever the new name of the Chinese company is), but I may as well try to help LOL

If I had kept my 2Ga bumper on it, I probably would have had to trim the back lip a bit.
In the picture, the "crashbar" circled in Red would probably have to go (maybe? It would have had to for mine at least)
Otherwise it should just be some dremiling on the back of the opening if anything

Also, just noticed, but looks like your example car potentially also trimmed out the posts in the bumper that would separate the fogs from the lip.

Not sure if my opinion will help since I installed the ex-punishment racing kit (or whatever the new name of the Chinese company is), but I may as well try to help LOL

If I had kept my 2Ga bumper on it, I probably would have had to trim the back lip a bit.
In the picture, the "crashbar" circled in Red would probably have to go (maybe? It would have had to for mine at least)
Otherwise it should just be some dremiling on the back of the opening if anything
Every bit helps, my friend. If not me, maybe someone else out there. The punishment kit is AKA the CX-Racing kit so people might be looking for the info!

Also, it looks similar to how you have to delete the crash bar on the 2GB eclipses. I’m interested to dive in!

Also, just noticed, but looks like your example car potentially also trimmed out the posts in the bumper that would separate the fogs from the lip.

Dang! Good catch! I was trying to figure out what looked different but couldn’t quite figure it out. Now I know what to expect. Excited to dive in.

Every bit helps, my friend. If not me, maybe someone else out there. The punishment kit is AKA the CX-Racing kit so people might be looking for the info!
Also, it looks similar to how you have to delete the crash bar on the 2GB eclipses. I’m interested to dive in!

Dang! Good catch! I was trying to figure out what looked different but couldn’t quite figure it out. Now I know what to expect. Excited to dive in.
CXRacing! That's right! I installed it so long ago I forgot the name ROFL
Trying to make it fit on a 2gb bumper was not fun, and I still have more trimming to do LOL

Funnily enough, the only reason I caught it was because I was so bored I looked at it again for no reason since I just responded to it. Honestly that bumper looks a lot better without the posts, but still looks like a big smile which I was never really a fan of.
I still have my 2ga talon bumper with the hood emblem in black if you need an extra

CXRacing! That's right! I installed it so long ago I forgot the name ROFL
Trying to make it fit on a 2gb bumper was not fun, and I still have more trimming to do LOL

Funnily enough, the only reason I caught it was because I was so bored I looked at it again for no reason since I just responded to it. Honestly that bumper looks a lot better without the posts, but still looks like a big smile which I was never really a fan of.
I still have my 2ga talon bumper with the hood emblem in black if you need an extra

I might be actually. What’s your zip code? PM me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back