The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2ga 2gb 95 96 97 98 99 conversion bumper [merged]

97+ Talon Spyder...

• That would OWN.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • It would look aight

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • Ghey

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

so, if you have the 97-99 bumper AND headlights, it will just bolt right in? cause i want to replace the headlights and front bumper of my 95 talon with those of my 98 parts talon. i am also going to swap the rear bumpers.

Talon headlights are all the same the same from 95-98 they use the same ones as the 2ga eclipse. The eclipse has to different headligths for the 2ga (95-96) and 2gb (97-99). That is why you have to change the headlights if your using the 2gb eclipse bumper on a
2ga eclipse or talon

The foam bumper support should work and the lower bracket might not and if it dont its really not needed. I have a 2gb and i dont have that lower bracket on mine. But one thing i notice about the foam support is its still attached to your bumper. You may have to put it back on the car then put your bumper on because from looking at mine it doesnt have away to attach the bumper support to it. But mines not an original mitsubishi front bumper either

Ok thanks, I will have to just try it and see how it goes. However I herd that without the lower bracket the bumper cover may look warped... have you seen that?

I notice those NON-OEM bumpers don't have the provision for the Mitsubishi emblem and some just have a generic shape. Mean while the OEM bumper matches the emblem shape exactly.

What's the OEM part number for 97-99 front bumpers?

my bumper is off and chillen in the garage right now, if its on there I will go check, dont remember seeing one though?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

VS what my friend bought which is not oem. It's just a generic shape.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I notice those NON-OEM bumpers don't have the provision for the Mitsubishi emblem and some just have a generic shape. Mean while the OEM bumper matches the emblem shape exactly.

What's the OEM part number for 97-99 front bumpers?

Mitsu part number MR296443 Current price from dealer (mentor mitsu in ohio) $290.60

ok so this thread is way to long to read it all so i'm just gonna ask.. (i've already started a thread but i didnt really get an answer)
i bought my 98 gst with front end damage and i need the whole bumper assembly and all the brackets and the middle bar that is in the middle of the radiator support (dealership said they could sell it to me)
1. does anyone have any of the for sale? (PM me)
2. can someone put up pics of all the different brackets for the 97-99 bumpers
this is something i found not sure if its right though
eBay Motors: 2G DSM Eclipse Talon FRONT BUMPER SUPPORT BRACKET 4G63 (item 160272412189 end time Sep-13-08 12:04:43 PDT)
the dealership faxed me some stuff and the wasnt on there.. so i have no idea, this would have been easier if the guy i bought it from would have left everything on.. i'll try to get some pics of my front end on here so you know what i'm talkin about

um yeah really, im with EDM95, its here to stay.

I have a '95 GST and im wanting to do the 2ga to 2gb swap for the front and back end.... is the only thing i need the headlights, and bumpers???? email me [email protected]

I have a '95 GST and im wanting to do the 2ga to 2gb swap for the front and back end.... is the only thing i need the headlights, and bumpers???? email me [email protected]

since yours is an eclipse, just the front and rear bumpers, front head lights, fogs if you want them, and reverse ligths. tail lights are the same, as the rear bumper support is the same, unbolt, swap in new, bolt up done. GL. :thumb:

shaving for the bumper to fit your 2ga headlights

and you wouldnt have backup lights. not sure why youd want to do the rear or sides; they look only marginally better on the 2gb.
Why wouldn't he have back up lights?
I see there are a bunch of DSMer's looking to convert their 95-96's to the 97-99 look. I'm one of them, I've got a 96 GSX and so far I have the 97 + rear cover, 6 pc. side skirts, headlights and I won an auction on ebay for a turbo spoiler although it hasn't arrived yet. I'm still looking for a good front cover.

I thought it would be good to start up this specific thread so we can share "part finds" as in websites that sell bumpers or lights. I just figured it would be better to have a list here, rather than sifting through the scattered threads that are going around now. It will also help people looking to do the conversion in the future that actually use the "search" feature.

My contribution:
http://www.wholesalebumpers.com

I'm assuming you want a Talon 2gb bumper?.
He you go...DSM Graveyard - Your #1 Source for Used DSM Parts!

ok i know im probably gonna get a bunch of hate mail for this but i just got a 95 talon awd, im kinda a noob, i been into the whole scene for awhile, i owned a 03 lancer 4g94 sadly :sosad: but i wrecked it awhile back, finally got something worth putting money into (not that i was completely bad, i know u can get some power out of them, but the payments kept me from it) and tuneing out. I love my car but i want to do a conversion from a 95 talon to a 97-99 eclipse.

95 talon:talon: to 97-99 eclipse:dsm:

1. does every thing just bolt up or do i have to have body work done?

2. what do i need to do to make it work if i do need to do something besides bolt up?

1, most do, only slight modding of the rear bumper support is needed.

2, will need 97+ Front bumper, head lights (fogs if you want as the 95's will not work), side skirts and door caps, rear bumper, rear tail lights and reverse lights and some wire (to extend the reverse lights)

I've done it not that hard, and if your going to swap the spoilers some body filler and take the struts out before you drill the new holes, trust me LOL.

okay so ive looked through many forums and asked for help.. but for some reason i still cant seem to get a proper response because nobody seems to be having this problem.. only i have it when doing this conversion....

lets see if i can describe it verbally... i have a 96 talon and im doing a 97 eclipse bumper on it
when you open the hood..look between the headlights.. theres 5 bolts that are suppose to go there that hold the bumper there...and theres a metal where the bolts go through and meet the bumper holes. The metal piece that sticks out is restricting my bumper to go all the way, did this happen to anybody and what should i do? should i just cut into the bumper so it lets slide the bumper all the way? or should i cut the metal piece? please somebody help me.. if you cant figure out what im trying to say.. please message me.. and ill email you pics of my problem.. thanks for the help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back