The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g windshield trim/wiper arm replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This article will show you how to replace the windshield trim and windshield wiper arms on a 2g (95-99) Eclipse. I assume no responsibilty for any damage to person/vehicle who attempts to perform this procedure, do so at your own risk.

Tools Needed:

1. Small flathead screwdriver
2. Socket wrench with 12mm socket
3. Degreaser with rag (optional)
4. White-out or marking pen

Step 1: Removal of old windshield trim and windshield wipers

1. Disconnect power from battery.
2. Start off by removing the weatherstrip located under the hood right beneath the winshield trim. It's just a small rubber tube that runs from the drivers to passenger side of the vehicle. To do this I would be very careful, as you can easily tear the weatherstrip especially if it's old. It is held onto the body of the car by 11 clip on tabs. The easiest way to get this off is to use a small flat head screwdriver and pop the orange tabs out of the body, this way it leaves them still in the weatherstrip. See picture 1.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

3. Next remove the five tabs holding the windshield trim to the body. See picture 2. If you reach a couple fingers underneath them they should just pop out. Once all of them are out place them to the side for re installation.

4. Now there are also two plastic phillips head screws located on the ends of the windshield trim. See picture 3. These should just pop out as the others did. Place to the side for re installation.

5. Now comes the windshield wipers. There should be two plastic tabs covering the bolt/nut. Once you remove the two nuts from the bolts take some white out and mark the oreintation of the bolt to the windshield wiper for re installation. The windshield wiper arm may be stuck on the bolt fairly well, what I found easiest to do is lift the wiper arm and tap on it with a rubber mallet to break it loose. See picture 4.

6. Once you have both wipers off you can either paint them or replace them if the paint is worn.
7. Now you can remove the windshield trim by simply popping out the tabs on the upper part of the trim (right below the windshield). See picture 5.

Step 2: Installation of windshield trim and wiper arms

1. As you can tell the old windshield trim was pretty beat up, worn, scratched and was missing the seal right below the windshield to keep water out. See picture 6.

2. Reinstall tabs on back of windshield trim, and place back onto body. Reinstall all tabs onto the trim and put windshield wipers back onto to bolts. Replace weatherstrip underneath the windshield trim and snap into place. Heres a finished product before the wiper arms were on. See picture 7.

On a side note I used Mothers back to black and I must say I was very impressed with it, it really brought the shine back to the weatherstrip and trim on my vehicle. See picture 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back