The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g: Wide Wheels/Tires with Evo Brembos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRBOBLU

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 15, 2005
Dayton, Ohio
I’ve read countless past threads related to wheel clearance on brembos and wider tire sizes on 2g’s. It takes hours to sift through most of the information and a lot of the set ups are not clear on what exactly people are running.

I am curious, for those of you running 255‘s or wider and have Evo brembos, what are your set up’s? What wheel size are you running, what offset, what tire brand and size, and what kind of clearance do you have, and also what body modifications were required(what brand fender flares, cutting, or body kit), which rear knuckles 2GA or 2GB, and are you using brackets for the front brakes.

I would love to hear from anyone running 275’s because that is what I am considering. Though I realized 255’s may be more realistic.

Please make sure these are set up’s that you have actually ran. Though I would like to hear from people that have seen other is run set up’s, I am very interested in people that actually know what will work.

Thanks guys,

Eric

Did you ever find any info on this? I'm searching for the same information!

Im currently on a 255 but going to a 295 on my new wheels, its more offset and spome design then anything else, sometimes low ET's still hit spokes.

So my current ones are 8.5" et36 and clear fine but the rear hits the knuckle a fraction, front is close,
Clears calipers just fine with my spoke design

New wheels are 10.5" et 25 and will hit all knuckles and clears calipers with ample room and i got these new wheels because my next set of brakes are bigger 6 pots so i need the extra room to clear

Thanks everyone for the input!
I'm currently running 255's with no rubbing in the front and very light rubbing in the rear (mainly hard bumps), but i'm currently on stock evo 8 wheels and I feel like they're a bit too narrow for the tires I have, so i'm looking for lighter and wider wheels to accommodate the 255's or possibly a 265 in the future. I don't mind the tires poking out past the fender some, but at the moment i'm not trying to have to run fender flares as i still drive the car on the street some.

I was kinda dead set on RPF1s but after researching these forums i have came to the conclusion that a 17x9 +35 isn't going to clear the Evo 8 Brembos due to the spoke design, the next offset down in that size is a +22 but i haven't seen any info on if the spokes still rub or how far out the fenders they sit. I could go up to 17x9.5 but then my only option is a +18, which i assume will be similar to Slowwhite's set up.

The other wheels i'm debating on are the WedsSport TC105N's, but the available offset's are similar to the RPF1's. I know a 17x9 +35 will clear the BAER BBK on a 2g, but no idea about the Brembos, I did a little searching on the Evo forums and some people say they clear and others say you need a small spacer. Another option though it seems like a less common size is they offer this wheel in a 17x9.5 +32 and Evo owners say they clear, but I don't know how this set up would fit a 2g with a 255/40 or 265, Also if having Galant knuckles up front makes any difference at all.

I am open to other wheels similar in weight(17lbs or so) if y'all have any suggestions!

May not be important but figured i'd mention it. I'm currently on some basic Tein coilovers that came on the car when I bought it, I Plan to buy a set of the Feal 441s in the near future, still trying to research what would be the best spring rates to buy, but now i'm just getting off topic.!

Anyways here's how my 2g sits now and thanks again for the help everyone!

Attachments

• 20180220_154903_HDR.jpg
    20180220_154903_HDR.jpg
    677.7 KB · Views: 424
  • 20180214_151801_HDR.jpg
    20180214_151801_HDR.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 742
Bettfootball - are those PF01's...please edit post with brand/model etc.

Also I'm dieing to know if the comis rims will work.
I to wanted to go rpf1 17x10+18 or 18x10.5 +15. But keep finding myself drawn
/desiring these cosmis rims.

I've found:
18x9.5 +10
XT-006R & XT-206R will clear stock calipers.

18x11 +8
XT-006R & XT-206R will also clear stock calipers

But haven't found anything on fitting the exo8-9 brakes.

They clear the subaru brembos.
https://cosmisusa.com/product-category/wheels/

not my car but what it would look like if I installed all my carbonetic's parts - these are the cosmis 18x11+8 -
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
206r's

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back