The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Wheels and Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GettinHUGE

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 25, 2002
USA
I came acrossed an awesome deal for a set of 16" Enkei Zokus that I'm probably going to be getting for my Eclipse. However, I'm debating the tire size as well. I can get a pretty damn awesome deal on some Dunlop Sport FM901s that are 205/40-16s but I'm not sure thats the "right" size for me.

Would anyone recommend a different size or should I just take that?

IMO, the FM901s are the crappiest tires out there. They will ride nice for about the first 2000 miles and then after that, the road noise is unbearable. I looked at these on tirerack.com and everyone said not to buy them. My buddy decided to ignore the warnings and put them on his 98 GS and sure enough, right around 2100 miles on the tires, the nasty road noise appeared. It makes his car feel like he is driving over a grated road all the time. He absolutely HATES them and he's stuck with them till he can save enough money to buy a set of Khumos or Dunlop SP5000 (which I have on my car and LOVE).

As far as tire size, that is all wrong for your car, you have 205/55 stock I think. Those are too thin. What width are the rims? I'm running 225/50 R16s on 7.5" wide rims. Just make sure that whatever you buy, it's not going to throw your spedo. way off and make sure that you don't buy tires that are only as wide as the rims. Leave yourself a little room so that if you get too close to a curb you only hit the tire and not the rim. Better to scratch up a 80 dollar tire that can be replaced or buffed out than a 100+ rim that can't be fixed. Any tire store on the internet(whalentire.com, tires.com, etc.) will give you the different sizes you can use.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back