The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2g weisco Pistons in a 1g 6-bolt block?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judozuna

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Pekin, Illinois
First off I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question but I've searched this and all of the other forum sites and haven't found an answer to this specific question.

I'm about to do a 6-bolt swap on my 95 tsi AWD. I spent a lot of money building up my 7-bolt. IE: eagle rods, wiseco pistons bored .020 over ect.

Well about 700 miles into that build I think I spun a bearing. I have a stock 6 bolt in my garage right now and I'm wondering if I grind down my 6 bolt rods and bore it .020 over can I use the wiseco 2g pistons that are in my 7bolt? I know you can use stock 2g pistons but I don't know if they're exactly the same as a stock 2g piston.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys give me.

I believe the wrist pins are different and will need to be machined to fit, otherwise it should be fine but measure the pistons to to see if they have a lot of wear.

Technically that should work just fine as long as your rods that spun didn't get torn up.

I'm just going to set the 7-bolt aside right now and use the stock 6-bolt rods and get them machined to fit the 2g wiseco pistons. It'll be a Frankenstein style setup but with the forged pistons instead of evo pistons.

Sadly my 7-bolt crank journal and the rod on the #4 cylinder both got damaged so I think this is my best option at the moment.

I'm glad to hear they will work though. Thanks for the help.

Here is a pic of what I want to do to the rods. does it look correct?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back