The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Resolved 2G water pump part number / question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivedollarcooch

Probationary Member
Jan 1, 2008
las vegas, Nevada
hey guys, sorry if this is a stupid question...

97 gst...
im leaking coolant really bad from the water pump side and cant visually tell where its coming from. i just had the water pump replaced about 2 years ago, but im guessing its coming from that....

water pumps are cheap enough that i want to just order one anyways if im going to tear everything apart and replace it while im hunting it down...

i want to get it on amazon since i have prime and can get it overnighted for 3 bucks, but im having a really hard time finding a part number to find one on amazon to order...

also- is there anything else i should get? gaskets, etc?

thanks!

Not sure if you knew this already, but the timing belt needs to come off in order to replace the water pump. So basically you might as well replace both belts, the pullies, and hydraulic tensioner while you're in there.

I've used about 3 aftermarket water pumps (GMB and 2 ITM's) without issues. The water pump O-ring and gasket should be included with whatever pump you go with.

Oddly, I can't find the part number in the FSM. Call the dealership or search the forums.

Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back