The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Resolved 2G - Want to play, where does this go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
I’d really like to see a picture of this part installed in the car. Anyone?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Only thing I know about 2g is they look great. That part has a small tab on one side, like it locks into a companion small hole or notch, with the hole on that same surface meant for a bolt to mount that bracket against the frame. The other two holes must hold some gizmo in place: electrical?

So judging by the design and the wear marks on the open hole in the center, it is def something that rotates.. maybe something related to shifting or something door unlock/lock related? Rear trunk or part or the latch open assembly? Going to look at mine tomorrow during the day as well hahaha.

I want to say its an o2 sensor connector attachment so it bolts to the head on the left under the thermostat housing.

I think the folks saying 'mounts a connector' (or some other small part) have it. The dimple, the funny little lug sticking out ... The left picture shows the face that goes against body/chassis sheet metal with the lug dropping into a hole to prevent rotation. Something slips onto the folded back arm. The smaller hole mounts something else.

Variations on this part are all over the car. One of us will find it ... might even be me, since I'm working on a 2g tomorrow!

Thank you!

Now I know why I can’t use it - There is a CAS in that spot. But… maybe I can find a spot for it.
It must have another bracket or location as on my 2G my knock sensor connector is on a bracket so it is in a spot. Will go out later and nab a pic of it as i believe its now under the thermostat housing

I did not get to go check last week as it was raining, but i looked today and i seem to have removed this bracket as the connector is there but just cable tied to another section, guess when i was building parts i removed things i did not want

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back