The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink 2G V3 first time user setting up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick, did you see how the injector offset voltage went UP then back down on his log? I agree with global (LTFT) and Deadtime (STFT) adjustments looks like all it needs. :thumb:
Here are his values. 14 and 16 were so close, I am sure they should have a better swoop to them so this is what I would do. Just change the 16 volt to anything that makes the curve look nice and smooth (like my picture). Just my opinion is all. All of my cars swoop in that way, but all are different. If FIC gave the values, I would keep them, they just looked a little skewed.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
so im confused now, if FIC gave me these times are they not exact or can they be adjusted outside of what they told me for my injectors? is this allowed and wont cause issues anywhere else down the road

what im going to do in on sat get a fresh log from cold to warm and the fan kick on, zero touching anything as i dont need to adjust any more sensors etc. then we can see from that as i was grounding stuff while logging to adjust the biss a few times and blipping the throttle in some areas. this way its a fresh log and clean also. if i can do it in the wheel i shall try to do so

Nick, did you see how the injector offset voltage went UP then back down on his log? I agree with global (LTFT) and Deadtime (STFT) adjustments looks like all it needs. :thumb:
Here are his values. 14 and 16 were so close, I am sure they should have a better swoop to them so this is what I would do. Just change the 16 volt to anything that makes the curve look nice and smooth (like my picture). Just my opinion is all. All of my cars swoop in that way, but all are different. If FIC gave the values, I would keep them, they just looked a little skewed.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You're right Marty. I didn't see that. I think he inputted the voltages incorrectly. He meant to do 1010 but probably typed 1210 based on my recommendations below.
Assuming you're running 43.5 fuel pressure

7v=who cares
9v=2555
12v=1500
14v=1200
16v=1010
19v=who cares

Last edited:
You're right Marty. I didn't see that. I think he inputted the voltages incorrectly. He meant to do 1010 but probably typed 1210 based on my recommendations below.
I must have been doing it one handed and pressed the wrong button. That shall be adjusted and check it out. 9v is a bit out also so shall i lower that to be a smoother line, maybe like 2444 instead of 2555

Yes Bobby, make it appealing to the eye and it should be fine.

Something to think about for the injector flow sheet deadtimes. Those are just a guide to get you started. It doesn't take into account the engine size or the efficiency of the engine. So some customization still needs to be done. They are not supposed to be set in stone and never changed. You just have to pay attention to the logs and what the sensors are trying to tell you. The nice thing with DSMLink is there are built in checks to let you know if your adjustments make sense. ie. airflowperrev, fuel trims, afratioest, etc. Each parameter has a story to tell whether you are moving in the right direction.

i went to the car today and fixed my inj times to be more eye pleasing but also my mistake on one of the volt/times so thats all good now i hope.

log was ment to be from cold but my laptop again decided to turn itself off for yet another update! sometimes i hate windows for not asking.

so this log is kind of long but i did it from around 36 degree temps. i dialed the global down a bit more to bring me to within the 5% range but now AF est went up into the lean area which i read is not an issue as my wideband is still showing as correct. as for the rest im not sure what im looking at to adjust as a base but i got some free time tonight and will try watching some more videos on this to try understand it abit more.

the log is long and about 1/2 way through i was blipping the throttle to 100%WOT and then did some 3k rev holds for a short while.

Attachments

• log.2021.05.15-06 long idle and reset.elg
    772 KB · Views: 17
Fuel trims suggest it is still to rich.
I managed to go back sunday after watching jafro's video a few times to understand and i still i got it alot better now. I shall upload the log tonight once im home. I got AF est and wideband pretty close to being on top within a few points and the STFT and combined is also within the 8% which frim my understanding is ok, 0 is ideal but for now baby steps for me LOL. Once im happy with how i have to get good setup dialed in i will be more happy to go do other logging and perhaps get it on a rolling road to tune it fully

Doing good Bobby, doing good! Ready for a new log. Maybe a short drive log??? Depends on how you feel about the car. :thumb:

here is my last log of an idle when I adjusted some bits from watching jafros videos. it seems happier now and fuel matches up nicer

Attachments

• log.2021.05.16-03adjusted .elg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
Looks closer. Does the car have stock cams? air fuel per rev could come up a tad at some points it seems. If it had cams then it would likely need to come up a bit more.
Stock cams yes for now anyway, wim working on a head with GSC S2 cams later on. I shall look at the AFPRev bits on the weekend if i can. I need to find time to go for a drive for a proper log but cars not road legal yet so its a bit tricky till i do that

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back