The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G UNNECESSARY Sensors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmtalon2008

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 30, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
I was wondering if anyone has compiled a list of sensors for the 2g that are not necessary for the motor to run. Im looking to get rid of every sensor that does not provide the motor with a healthy cause. Emissions will be gone. HVAC EVERYTHING! Thanks.

?? weekend warrior..Not sure why this would matter. Motor needs to run healthy either way.

It matters because there are varying degrees of necessary. Such as everyone can remove the vacuum lines form the FPRs but only those with good tuning systems and wideband o2 sensors can get rid of the front o2 sensor.

In general all the sensors are largely necessary however most of the emissions equipment can be pulled just search "engine clean up". You wont get any gain from doing that though. The weight savings will be minimal and there is no power increase whatsoever.

What is your reason for wanting to do this specifically? That will help us figure out what you can get rid of without sacrificing anything that you'll care about.

Cleaner look...I have no power steering, ac, cc, interior is going to be caged soon. If that says anything about where my build is going. Profile not up to date ha, learned a few things about dsm since back in them days.

Ha, thanks but I was just wondering which ones that I can go without? Thanks again

egr stuff, charcoal canister, make it a non abs car(if not already), a/c, p/s, non cruise cable, cruise control delete etc etc etc....

All of the above listed is already gone in my car. Was mainly looking for the sensors connected to firewall.

Everything connected to the throttle body can go as far as vacuum but you'll need to keep them hooked up electrically to avoid a CEL.

If you run link, you can deactivate those CELs just like you can with the flashable ECUs.

My throttle body top is "shaved" aka ground down/polished with 2 ports welded shut. Looks real good

On my 2 g I got rid of the solinoids on the firewall except for the fuel pressure one.I have dsmlink so I dont get any codes.The whole vacume thing bolted to the back of the intake manifold can go the egr and all emmisions crap can go.

Pretty sure your going to need the injector resistor pack. Also im running a JMF SMIM so that wont be a problem.

Yeah you deff. need the injector resistor pack I just took off a couple of the solinoids off the firewall and all those vacume lines my bay is still cluttered I wish I was smart enough to do a fusebox relocation!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back