The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2g transmission on 6 bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akdov823

Proven Member
Sep 20, 2014
feeding hills, Massachusetts
does the 2g awd 5 speed tranny mount directly to a 6 bolt? does the shaft from the transfer case that crosses the back of the motor work. i mocked it up today and it seem like the carrier bearing for that shaft has the wrong bracket for the 6 bolt block

You mean for the drivers axle. Use whatever is appropriate for you model car and transmission. 5spd or auto. You must retain the ac bracket or use a spacer.

O that makes sense, thanks. I'll just measure the bracket and make a spacer at work tomorrow on the lathe. I knew it was something stupid I was missing.

if thats an awd i dont know but i know a 7 bolt trany will not mount to 6 bolt block i found that one out the hard way due to everything fit together but the mounting for the starter was off set more than the 6 bolt trans. just in case u have that problem and both was 1g motors

if thats an awd i dont know but i know a 7 bolt trany will not mount to 6 bolt block i found that one out the hard way due to everything fit together but the mounting for the starter was off set more than the 6 bolt trans. just in case u have that problem and both was 1g motors

How about not posting incorrect information huh. The reason that your starter didn't bolt up right is because you had the wrong starter plate. You can bolt a 2g trans to a 1g engine all day long, and you can bolt a 1g trans to a 2g engine all day long. Also there is no such thing as a 6 bolt or 7 bolt transmission, it is either 1g or 2g.

alright well thanx for the correction bryanwheat i thought it was honestly the trans cause i wound up switching trans cause i thought the starter placement was different

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back