The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g tranny

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsi6bolt

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2010
westminster, Colorado
so i got the evo 2-3 gears in my 2g tranny that i got fromew jacks transmisons and when im on it and shift fast int third sometimes it will no go in i have to try multiple times till it slips in? Any ideas why this keeps happening?

Your fluid viscosity may be too thick. Check with Jacks to find out what he recomends

Check to make sure your clutch is disengaging properly. When you let off the clutch paddle it should start to grab about half way up, if it grabs about a 1/4 way up then you might need to adjust the clutch.

thank you both i didnt even think at all my slave cylinder in my clutch is leaking pretty bad so it sometimes when it gets low grabs really low from the floor. i will flush it and use that gear oil hopfully i get somewhere. i didnt want to tear it appart LOL

thank you both i didnt even think at all my slave cylinder in my clutch is leaking pretty bad so it sometimes when it gets low grabs really low from the floor.

Then it's not completely disengaging when your trying to shift. That's one of the quickest way to trash the syncros.

well than thats what ill do right away i didnt realize that. Its so weird why is it only 3rd? All other gears are butter

Improper Clutch adjustment will lock you out of gears. It locks you out because it is still dragging at high RPM not letting the trans slow down enough for a clean shift. I might also add that depending on what RPM you are revving the car to your clutch might just not be able to support that RPM and will drag regardless of what is changed.

oh okay well i am no wiesman by all means LOL just doing what i can to learn so how do i adjust the clutch

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back