The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g tranny oil guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo0sTeD 4G63

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2008
Miami, Florida
i have just recently put an lsd in my tranny but i dont know remember were the plastic oil guide goes thats all im missing to finish the tranny and put my motor in the car if anyone knows exactly how it goes on the 2g with pictures so i can see it exactly i would really appreciate it

I can tell you right now that must of the oil guide is contained in the middle section of the trans. Only a small piece about an inch sticks out into the end cap where 5th gear is.

Below is a pic i found on vfaq.com. It is of a awd trans but you should be able to get and idea of where it goes untill i can get home and take pics of my fwd trans sitting in the basement. I circled the piece in red at the top of the picture. It does mount to the bellhousing and run all the way to the end cap.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea i have an idea were it goes but i dont know were its suppose to be facing and i dont know the exact position i hav ehad it sitting in my shed for a long time so i forgot were it goes if you could help me out i would really appreciate it im dying to get this motor into my 2g thank you for the reply

ill edit the pics i have of the 2g fwd. Its pretty straight forward.

Here are the pics

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back