The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G 2g TPS cause P0340?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frosty3156

Probationary Member
Mar 19, 2006
Nicaragua, Central_America
HI. I have a 98 GST that came with a 1g throttle body when I bought it. Ran fine until I broke the CAS while working on it one day. I pulled the connector off the TPS and noticed it had a 1g tps.

I bought a new 2g TPS, new CAS along with a new crank sensor and igniter. Since I live in Nicaragua, can't get parts down here. Shipping takes over a month so I figured I'd change all the sensors.

I installed everything and it cranks, tries to start and backfires out the tail pipe. I scanned for error codes and P0340 popped up. I put the 1g TPS back in and did the same thing but when I scanned for errors, a large laundry list of errors popped up. It ran before with the 1g TPS (for many years) now it won't.

I am seriously stumped. Timing is good, spark and compression also. Has fuel pressure. Thank you for your time.

Update. I finally recieved new pigtails. Wired them in and did not fix the problem. I pulled the timing belt and res-installed just in case, still nothing. I have no way of logging anything. So I am really stumped. My cell phone camera is shit so when my girlfriend comes over I will take pics of the ecu wiring. Maybe someone can tell if there's something going on that I'm not seeing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back