The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g tie inner tie rod removal ...Manual?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjstoner

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 24, 2003
Stuart, FloridaUS
Does any one have the ability to send me some scanned pages of a manual in reference to the inner tie rod removal and assembly? I need to get this done so I can go to my mothers birthday party tomorrow

any help would be awesome

[email protected]

It's really easy. Just take off the wheel, remove the cotter pin and nut that hold ball joint, use a pickel fork to seperat the ball joint, and then use a wrench to loosen the end of the tie rod that connects to the steering assembly. To install, torque the ball joint nut to 17-25 ft-lbs and replace the cotter pin, put the wheel back on and you're rollin.

Originally posted by gaddis
It's really easy. Just take off the wheel, remove the cotter pin and nut that hold ball joint, use a pickel fork to seperat the ball joint, and then use a wrench to loosen the end of the tie rod that connects to the steering assembly. To install, torque the ball joint nut to 17-25 ft-lbs and replace the cotter pin, put the wheel back on and you're rollin.

thanks, but i know how to change the outer tie rod ends, I am actually trying to change the inner tie rod ends, they are a little different and I dont wanna screw the parts up without consulting some form of reference. Thanks for the tip though , but i actuallty already did the outers

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back