The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A 2gNT tach not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucker3500

Probationary Member
Jun 4, 2016
Austin, Texas
The tach just stopped working for me in my 1997 eclipse gs 5 speed I have a check engine light and it flashes sometimes then stays solid but it runs fine no smoke and it does not appear to be missing any I have just changed the plugs to ngks iridium I am wandering if the tach and the light are related or separate and any possible fixes to my problem any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Have you checked the speedo drive on the gearbox? Is it broken or cracked? Check that out

I have checked all the fuses they are all soon the speedometer is still working so I don't that link it the speed sensor unless that how it senses the rpm to or does any one know where it reads the rpms

rpm is based from a few locations, can be crank, transister, cas, depends what side your going to look at. Some are ecu based and some are mechanical based. Try testing the power transister,

Then try the ecu pinouts at #54,58/4/88/89 they are ones to try out as they all go through there but as i said some are just for the ecu to read and some are to tell its fired but it could be related and gives you a good start

^^^^^ listen to Gary. He knows alot me on electronics then i do. He will help you through this

rpm is based from a few locations, can be crank, transister, cas, depends what side your going to look at. Some are ecu based and some are mechanical based. Try testing the power transister,

Then try the ecu pinouts at #54,58/4/88/89 they are ones to try out as they all go through there but as i said some are just for the ecu to read and some are to tell its fired but it could be related and gives you a good start
So today I came out started it up and the tach was working but I still have check engine light so I'm guessing the problem is intermittent or it was a loose connection

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back