The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Shortend Rear Lower Control Arms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSR-VR

Proven Member
Oct 7, 2012
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
Is there any demerit to shorten the rear lower control arms? Since I don't know much about suspension I figure I ask here. I know people will ask why I want shorter lower control arms but I prefer to keep the reason to myself. I'm not trying to come off as arrogant or unfriendly, I would just like to know if there is any problem with having a shorter control arm.:)

Less camber, axle may no longer fit, sway bar might not fit, lower motion ratio (which means you theoretically would need to change spring rates for the ideal setup) are my immediate thoughts.

Less camber, axle may no longer fit, sway bar might not fit, lower motion ratio (which means you theoretically would need to change spring rates for the ideal setup) are my immediate thoughts.

Is this assuming the rear spindles are staying in the same location or are they moving inwards toward the body?

I apologize. I should have been more clear when asking the question. Everything is staying the same, except the shorter length of the lower control arm and the mounting place of said control arm to the body or subframe.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back