The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2g seats in a 1g? [Merged 8-8]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i was wondering are the 2g seats direct bolt on to the 1g?

2g = power seats, not that i really give a damn

chicagoboostin said:
2g = power seats, not that i really give a damn
No, of course not. That's be too simple and an indication of clear thinking. 2Gs have daffy floors.

And only the bottom cushion of the seat is powered. What an effing ripoff.

Yup, the 2G floor is a confusing mess. 4 seat bolts, all at different heights... i found out the hard way trying to make seat brackets. Good luck. youre probably better off trying to attach a 1G stock mounting bracket to a 2G seat, rather than adapting anything else.

does anyone know if 2g seats will work in a 1g, id prefer not to have to change the rails, but if need be i will. i want to put harnesses on the stock 2g seats because theres a kit for it, but 1g seats wont work, and i really wantto stay as
"factory" as possible.not that this would be. appreciate the help thanks guys :talon:

you can put harnesses on the 1g seats as well. there is a thread on it either here on tuners or on talk. if im not mistaken mavisky has harnesses on his stock 1g seats just do a search for 1g harnesses, plus 1g seat weight a lot less than 2g seats

where would one find the harnesses for 1g seats? do you have to modify the seat any?

As far as the 2g seats actually bolting into a 1g..... i have reason to beleive the answer is no, however i am not 100% I want to say that i remember reading somewhere that 2g seats and Chrysler Sebring seats were interchangeable, and i know for a fact that a 1g seat will not bolt right up to a Sebring (dont ask) so this would lead me to beleive that it would also not bolt right in to a 2g, and vice versa.

bzzzt is correct.. the sebring and eclipse/talon share a remarkable amount of parts.

I would imagine besides the cramped space, that the slider/bracket will have to be modified to fit a 1g

Do 2G seats bolt in to a 1G? I don't know if I want to do that, I haven't looked at the seat design, but does anyone know if they fit and if the power seat in a 2G has the same power connector and pinout as a 1G?

if im not mistaken this was covered what was it guys last week or so. please use the search function its amazing what you come up with.

They will not fit without alot of modifications. the mounting brackets are no where near the same and there is no wiring for the power seats. that would have to be added.

i1nk83 said:
if im not mistaken this was covered what was it guys last week or so. please use the search function its amazing what you come up with.

And at the same time, how about you read the rules there smart guy.

Do not reply to a thread with "Use the Search" - answer the question, link to the answer, or don't reply at all.

hey do the 2g seats fit into the 1g with no problem, bolt on. i have 1g leathers right now, but the 2g's seem better bolstered and more fit for my aggressive driving :thumb:

I asked this same question a while ago and the answer I got was that the brackets dont line up so you would have to fab them. But that is what you have to do with any aftermarket racing seat.

Hi I first had a 95 Talon Tsi that was wrecked, parted out, and still have the front seats. Bought a 90 talon and the seats are worn. Wanting to know if they can be placed in my 1g easily. Direct bolt or some easy fabbing will work. Anyone with any knowledge of swapping seats would be greatly appreciated. thanks tuners.

Try it and tell us .

But ive seen S2k seats in a 1g and they looked awesome ,fit perfectly.the owner said it took very little fabrication to make them work.

Just went a checked. Not gonna happen without some major changes to the sliders. The 1gs are much narrower and the bolts are inline with each other , while the 2gs are a little offset. oh well

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back