The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2g safc II ne-points

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooah

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2003
Olathe, Kansas
what does everyone have their safc II points set to? throttle points? just checking because ive only seen safc stuff

I have a SBR 2G20G (tdo6h), EVO III Ported Exh. Manifold, MSD 8.5 wires, 660's and 255lph, Blackfaced S-AFC II, Greddy EGT *Peak Hold, Autometer Boost Gauge, Greddy ICP Kit, Big Greddy FMIC, Greddy TypeS BOV, VRS 3" o2 Elim. turboback, SBR MBC, Apexi TT, FIPK

I did this run with the following settings with mild self tuning on my S-AFC II and watching my GReddy EGT. The dyno shows I was running slighty rich and I leaned it accordingly.

My dyno and wideband run showed my 4000-4600 has a major dip and I adjusted the whole setting to run alittle leaner. My egt never passed 825c during the pull holding steady. I ended the one pull with 286 WHP and 281 TQ on 93 pump gas.

Low Throttle
-21%

High Throttle
1000 -26%
1600 -26%
2200 -27%
2800 -31%
3400 -31%
4000 -34%
4600 -34%
5200 -31% throught the rest of the rpm band

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFTER THE DYNO

My adjustments went as following but I was unable to do another pull, as they were closing. I saved the settings and have them as follows.

Low throttle
-24% across the board

High throttle
1000 -26%
1600 -26%
2200 -27%
2800 -33%
3400 -36%
4000 -38%
4600 -38%
5200 -35%
5800 -34%
6400 -34%
7000 -33%
7600 -32%

I set throttle points at 35% Low - 80% high

It seems to be pulling like a raped ape now.
Now, with the new settings, it sits at 875c. It feels stronger and I break lose in 3rd gear easily now on my stock suspension setup.
I need to do a log and see what type of timing I am getting. It doesn't smoke or backfire. It doesn't run extremely hot or have low/high oil pressure. No hotter than a turbo can make it anyway.

I hope I posted in the right forum. I just thought I would shed some light and give a little help to others as to what my particular setup has done for me. I have a good feeling I have now hit my 300whp goal. I went with a 20g so as to not to have to push a smaller turbo and use race gas. My goal is for a slightly tuned car with 300 whp on PUMP GAS (94)!

It was the stock bottom end of a 7bolt (43,000 miles). I was running 18-19 psi on the gauge. It would float back and forth.

I put this up as a showing of what a butt tuning and a 20g install produced from the average guy. I have nothing against anyone making great power with something smaller in wheel size. I would love to get some nice tuning done to get this thing really rolling.

The run was basically a bolt on and tune on the way to the shop, to see the difference from stock to not. I am more then positive there is more power in this thing. As I said, those second set of numbers are from after the run. I never got to strap it back down to get it tuned better. I really need a pocketlogger to see what kind of timing I have going on up top. I am still running rich and want to get it tuned.

The most I am looking for in this setup, on PUMP GAS (94), is 300whp. Anything around that or higher is all I want with my car. It is a 97 with 43,000 miles on a stock bottom end and I have no desire in replacing the headgasket, studs, or rods before my 60,000 mile tune up. Once that point is reached I will do all of the safety steps to insure I am not down for 3 months.

I am not going to the extreme end of things on my car. I want to see what kind of power san be made from an inline4 with 2.0L nd the type of equipment that should have come stock on a turbocharged car.

Any questions, I will be happy to answer!:thumb:

yeah what kind of fpr are you using?

Oh and one more thing, the stuff that ive read on the net says that if you have pocketlogger you add your ltft and stft ..(example.. stft 0% and ltft -13%) now the guides ive seen say to add those then do what is left...so basically with that example i would run it 13% leaner correct? This is all good however exactly after it says this it says that your stft should be the one at 0% and dont worry about ltft because it will eventually go down to that...so my questions are, which method do i use, and if the stft is pos. that means i add fuel correct? (pos = add neg = sub?)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back