The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Resolved 2G Runs like shit, misfire?, CEL, no power, help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munchlax

Probationary Member
Aug 26, 2010
Redding, California
ummm i dont know whats wrong with my car, it sounds like this because its running off of down pipe. I thought the O2 sensor from down there was the problem..... didnt work. I unplugged the O2 sensor on the down pipe..... didnt work. I still have a CEL. is there any way to check the code without taking it to get diagnosed? like reading how many times it blinks?

I don't know if i placed the spark plug wires in the right place too.... someone have a diagram or something to show me a picture of yours???

my video shows how the rpm is.... it sounds like that because its off the dp. i checked the turbo and there is no shaft play. ummm i sure theres no tick so no crank walk.

help me please I need smog!!!

video link : YouTube - eclipse gst problems

the rpm reads low. but it should go higher. I think it might be a fuel issue... maybe injectors are clogged..... but maybe not, i just seafoamed it. maybe it is the fuel pump? it kind of smelt like a lawn mower when i brought it in the garage.

Solution
finds out I had a broken plug that came loose. The plug is right by the throttle body on/near the fuel rail.

I was going to take off the coils and look at them but I noticed when I was taking off the plugs, that plug came right off when I was taking another on off. So i re-plugged it back in and I resetted the ecu and no more CEL and runs normal. So if anyone that has the same symptoms as mine, check your plugs around/near the fuel rail and injectors before you start...... saved me time and money.

Anyways.... my car is a completely stock 95 gst.... Is the boost supposed to go ALL the way up on the gauge? When i step on the gas all the way the boost goes all the way up and doesn't speed up that fast. What can I do to fix this...
ok ill try a different ecu.... hopefully ill find someone that will let me borrow one.

where is the ecu located? I looked under the passenger side dash (where it is on hondas) and i couldnt find it LOL. someone tell me please

Behind the lower center of dash underneath the radio is the ECU with the "MD" number on it with three harness plugs going into the bottom of the unit.

If you're gonna try another ECU, the MD number has to be the same as yours.

-Good luck-DSM

ECU is kind of a long shot since it runs. I'd look more into other things at first like plugs, wires, and coils. Unless, you can easily swap out ecu's. You can bring your car to autozone or advance auto and they will pull the codes for you. It could be a fuel pressure issue if you say you smell fuel. Try resetting the ecu and see if it changes anything.

Plug wire info, you want the first diagram.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ill see if my wires are correct tomorrow.... how much do the coils cost? my friend told me that its a common problem.

any write ups for changing the coil packs?

finds out I had a broken plug that came loose. The plug is right by the throttle body on/near the fuel rail.

I was going to take off the coils and look at them but I noticed when I was taking off the plugs, that plug came right off when I was taking another on off. So i re-plugged it back in and I resetted the ecu and no more CEL and runs normal. So if anyone that has the same symptoms as mine, check your plugs around/near the fuel rail and injectors before you start...... saved me time and money.

Anyways.... my car is a completely stock 95 gst.... Is the boost supposed to go ALL the way up on the gauge? When i step on the gas all the way the boost goes all the way up and doesn't speed up that fast. What can I do to fix this? maybe a different BOV? or a new turbo and wastegate?

any info will help, but I'm going to do regular tune up before modding. Thanks guys@!

Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back