The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2g RS door on a 2g GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WytChoclitJ

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 29, 2009
Stone Mountain, Georgia
OK...I got side swiped and need a driver's side door. I have a 99 GST and know someone with a door from a 97 rs. It's the same color and could possibly bolt right up. 1...Will this door work? 2...what about the cap that is on the lower portion of the gst and not on the rs? How would that work?

The doors will bolt right up with no fitment issues whatsoever. The problem with using an RS door is that they came with no sideskirts, door trim, or the fender cap so the holes to insert the plastic tabs won't be there. Your going to have to do a bit of modification to get your exterior pieces to stay in place but other than that it WILL work.

:dsm:

Will probably also have a crank window. I don't think a lot of RS's came with power windows.

I was thinking the same, but was thinking I may be able to transfer the power window components to the rs door.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back