The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spooln4fun

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2005
BELPRE, Ohio
My car has an issue that once its up to operating temperature it will start to miss. Ive included 2 logs, one is it acting fine while the cruise is set, and the other it is acting up. It will miss/hesitate accelerating up to cruising speed at first as well. After I logged the bad cruise issue, I pulled into a park and ride as ecmlink kept disconnecting after each log. I pulled out of the park and ride, back onto the highway and pulled from a stop to about 70mph and car pulled flawlessly and performed as it should. I have a log of that as well I'll include just for sake(Pull starts around the 12second mark)

Recent work done/parts replaced:
New built head 1mm oversized valves and springs with hks 264/272 cams(Replaced HG with felpro gasket, timing belt, pulleys, tensioner, and balance shaft belt)

Parts replaced trying to fix the issue;
Fuel pump
Fuel filter
Plugs(NGK BPR6ES gapped to .028) & Wires (NGK)
Front O2 sensor
Coolant temperature sending unit sensor
Logs were recorded with a known working mass air flow sensor
Coil pack
Power transistor(Ignitor)
Throttle body rebuilt and sensors tested good upon rebuilt(Rebuilt by throttlebodies.com)
Stock ECU(black box) replaced with 95 ECMLink(Switched to a 95 thinking maybe the ecu was going bad, it wasn't)
Compression is 165,165,168,165

Mods
3" cat back exhaust(Still on stock dp)
Dejon tool SMIC and hard piping with recirc 1g bov

Known issue
Batt & Brake light illuminate when key is turned on (They are dim, as pulling the ebrake handle causes the brake light to illuminate brighter) they turn off and stay off as soon as the car is started.
Battery is dated 5/19, alt was replaced before purchase(2 years ago, i understand reman alts have a high possibility of a bad voltage regulator)
Gas is a month old.

Any help will be appreciated, I haven't had ecmlink in years so if I should be logging other items to further help, just advise and I will correct my mistakes. Files Cruise ok is good, and Cruise ng is the not good one.

Attachments

• cruise ok.elg
    43.9 KB · Views: 23
  • cruise ng.elg
    26.2 KB · Views: 23
  • good pull.elg
    50.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
There does not appear to be anything wrong in the NG log. If you are using cruise control, it is maintaining a set speed throughout the log. It looks normal from what I can see. If you are going downhill, it will lift off the throttle to try to keep the speed fron increasing. And then going uphill it will increase throttle. That is what it appears like to me.

Are you on dsmlink V3?

I appreciate you taking time to look at those. the only difference I could see is the cruise ok log you can see the timing is very smooth line, when you get to the cruise ng log you see it go up and down. I wish i knew how to describe this better. It feels like the injectors are cutting out, or if you loose spark on a cylinder or two than it comes back very rapidly.

I'm on v3 lite

Last edited:
I couldn't find anything on first glance but try disabling antilag and see if that helps. Every time I enable that it causes some type of issue.

I see it stalled when you came to a stop in the second log. Need to do a tps adjust as it sits at .67 & throttle% is 1% so idle switch isn't working and not turning off injectors when you come to a stop.

I see it stalled when you came to a stop in the second log. Need to do a tps adjust as it sits at .67 & throttle% is 1% so idle switch isn't working and not turning off injectors when you come to a stop.
That it did, which I thought was strange as it hadn't happened before. Granted I dont drive this at all until I can fix this issue. But I will adjust the tps, and check my throttle cable to see if its to tight. Will also check my sensors again to make sure they're in spec.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back