The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Prototype Coilovers - Nice discount for a test subject!

Flatout Suspension

Supporting Vendor
Sep 24, 2020
Baltimore, Maryland
Sorry, I have to be that guy... what are the F/R reservoirs, what do they do? Sorry, just never saw them before.

So it does two things...

It moves the floating piston that separates oil and nitrogen to the reservoir. With that, the main body can hold more oil. The more oil you have, the cooler the shock runs. The cooler the shock, the more consistent shock. When oil heats, it thins...thin oil performs like an under damped shock and gets bouncy as its no longer tuned to the spring.

On short stroke shocks, because the floating piston is gone, there is more area for downward stroke. More stroke gives you a better ride and a more usable suspension.

In short, it creates a better performance shock for a longer period of time. And, it looks pretty cool and that’s certainly a bonus in itself.

Flatout Suspension

Supporting Vendor
Sep 24, 2020
Baltimore, Maryland
First review is in:

Title: Perfect suspension for a street build!
Rating: 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Author: Randy Turner ([email protected])
https://flatoutsuspension.net/products/mitsubishi-eclipse-coilovers-sr

264% stiffer springs at the front and 232% stiffer at the rear (2gb AWD) and yet the car feels smoother over rough roads than ever before! The component quality and the matched damping curves gives you the best of all worlds when it comes to comfort, NVH, body roll, response, and chassis control in general. I never thought I'd see a DSM suspension that wasn't overly stiff just to "feel sporty" but here it finally is! I wish I could have done this upgrade 12 years ago!

Verdant

Probationary Member
Dec 5, 2017
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Anybody have 1st hand comparisons between these and Feal's coilovers?

Flatout Suspension

Supporting Vendor
Sep 24, 2020
Baltimore, Maryland

These are very very new, so the chances of a comparison are pretty slim. We got three out already, two more orders in queue right now. There are two threads right now from the guinea pigs (one pending) expressing their views on them. I can't speak for us vs them, I can only tell you about ours.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
You'd have to get someone who already has Feals to buy a set of these to compare... chances are, at this early stage of the release, anyone who has Feals isn't going to replace them so soon with these. I'm betting it's going to take a while before we see feedback on comparisons.

rival

Proven Member
Dec 12, 2004
aiken, South_Carolina
I will be writing up my initial impressions, install tips, and initial review this weekend after my dyno. but I will say I am very impressed so far!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds