The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Prototype Coilovers - Nice discount for a test subject!

Flatout Suspension

Supporting Vendor
Sep 24, 2020
Baltimore, Maryland
Guinea pigs are lined up...stay tuned for updates!

I'm ready to start gearing up on producing coilovers for you guys and I've had a ton of response here; so let me first thank you all for the warm welcome. What I'd like to do is start with a baseline. I already have the specs I need to pump out 2G AWD and FWD coilovers, but I'd like to pair up with someone that's currently in the market so we can both help each other.

I'd like to do our entry-level SR model to establish a baseline for things to come. I don't necessarily want to build the craziest thing we can possibly build right off the bat. So, even though I say "entry-level" you'll still get the bells and whistles:

SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Designed for Street Comfort
  • 2 Front Assemblies
  • 2 Rear Assemblies
  • Radial bearing on Front Assembly
  • Linear Rate Springs
  • Electro-Plated Steel Cartridge
  • Rebuildable Monotube Shock
  • CNC Machined High-flow Aluminum Piston
  • Stainless Steel Shims
  • Medium Weight Synthetic Shock Oil
  • 650/350 spring rates
  • Rebound Adjustable : 20pts
  • Spherical bearing upper mounts standard
  • Individual Parts Available
  • 3-Year Warranty Against Defect
  • Approx 2wks to hand assemble and ship
The price on our site is $1380, but I'll knock $500 off for a guinea pig. I'll also give you the same springs (Magnitude Suspension) we use on our ST model at no additional cost. This just covers our costs, and you'll get our full support. If we need to make changes, we'll do it until we get it right. While I don't want to have any customizing done on this; spring rates are open to your choice but 650/350 seems to be the magic number for all around use.

The goal in mind here is to have a suspension that your average car guy would like, so I need you to be subjective in that respect. If you didn't see this post, and you just found us by accident and ordered; would you be happy? Make sense?

On our site, I have the Eclipse/ Laser/ Talon listed, but in this scenario, the Laser isn't a factor. If you want to dive in, let me know and I'll give you a code to use on the site. I really only need one person...but I'm also not opposed to doing a second to maybe see if your reviews are similar.

https://flatoutsuspension.net/products/mitsubishi-eclipse-coilovers-sr

Questions?

Last edited:

Flatout Suspension

Supporting Vendor
Sep 24, 2020
Baltimore, Maryland
I've implemented some changes to the order options. I'm grouping 1G and 2G as "DSM" vs Talon & Eclipse...we all know a DSM is a DSM, so it's all in one place. The big change is the option to add reservoirs.

I'm going to give these the Club Sport variant vs the SR as these are modular and can go from basic street set up to a more track oriented version. Right now, we're still on the 2G, but don't worry...1G and GVR4 are on the drawing board, I promise.

https://flatoutsuspension.net/products/mitsubishi-eclipse-coilovers-sr

Flatout Suspension

Supporting Vendor
Sep 24, 2020
Baltimore, Maryland
This outta tickle a pickle or two.

They look much better than this, I just lost a lot of my natural light. I'll get some better pics tomorrow.

DSM.png

Flatout Suspension

Supporting Vendor
Sep 24, 2020
Baltimore, Maryland
Oh helper springs also! Nice touch. I did this for the BC's i got to get everytbing just right and proper ride height/travel setup.

Looks super nice setup

You use hypercoil springs?

We came right out of the gate with proper travel (as you can probably tell). I love helpers and they’re pretty much required with this type of set up, but it’s nice only having to set ride height and not have to worry about choosing between travel and ride height.

We use HyperCoils sometimes (customer upgrade) but generally Magnitude springs.

ec17pse

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
We came right out of the gate with proper travel (as you can probably tell). I love helpers and they’re pretty much required with this type of set up, but it’s nice only having to set ride height and not have to worry about choosing between travel and ride height.

We use HyperCoils sometimes (customer upgrade) but generally Magnitude springs.
Yes thats right i always found i would jack a bit and hated it and then i learnt the proper correct way for setting up which i then passed onto the group with a write up for all to follow if they opt for helpers, i now have alot more rebound and i dont hit my fenders anymore and get full use of rebound and compression strokes.

Glad you know that and opt to resolve it from the get go. Only problem is alot dont know the correct way to set up and its more time consuming of course getting it right but hopefully those people find my post and can help them along the process.

I not heard of the magnitude springs. I shall have to google them. I know of swift and hypercoils as one of the high end ones but thats not to say others are not top end either. I just dont know them personally

ec17pse

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
One thing to think about for future is top kount bolt length. People with upper braces have a hard time getting enough threads engaged on them with a brace installed. Perhaps add it as an option to add 5mm longer studding. Its a small detail but those small details mean alot to people! Im one of them people LOL

When i did mine i had to use nearly half sized serrated nuts to make it work safely. Stock nuts were too tall.

Flatout Suspension

Supporting Vendor
Sep 24, 2020
Baltimore, Maryland
One thing to think about for future is top kount bolt length. People with upper braces have a hard time getting enough threads engaged on them with a brace installed. Perhaps add it as an option to add 5mm longer studding. Its a small detail but those small details mean alot to people! Im one of them people LOL

When i did mine i had to use nearly half sized serrated nuts to make it work safely. Stock nuts were too tall.

Noted!!

They are looking great though. Thanks for the updates and pics

Thank you! I’ll post a ton more pictures shortly once they’re all fully assembled and ready. These three are heading out by the end of the week!

ec17pse

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
Noted!!

Thank you! I’ll post a ton more pictures shortly once they’re all fully assembled and ready. These three are heading out by the end of the week!
Awesome news. I really look forward to seeing these in action! Nice work chaps

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds