1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Prototype Coilovers - Nice discount for a test subject!

Posted by Flatout Suspension, Nov 17, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. Flatout Suspension

Flatout Suspension Supporting Vendor

Joined Sep 24, 2020
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Guinea pigs are lined up...stay tuned for updates!

I'm ready to start gearing up on producing coilovers for you guys and I've had a ton of response here; so let me first thank you all for the warm welcome. What I'd like to do is start with a baseline. I already have the specs I need to pump out 2G AWD and FWD coilovers, but I'd like to pair up with someone that's currently in the market so we can both help each other.

I'd like to do our entry-level SR model to establish a baseline for things to come. I don't necessarily want to build the craziest thing we can possibly build right off the bat. So, even though I say "entry-level" you'll still get the bells and whistles:

SPECIFICATIONS:
    • Designed for Street Comfort
    • 2 Front Assemblies
    • 2 Rear Assemblies
    • Radial bearing on Front Assembly
    • Linear Rate Springs
    • Electro-Plated Steel Cartridge
    • Rebuildable Monotube Shock
    • CNC Machined High-flow Aluminum Piston
    • Stainless Steel Shims
    • Medium Weight Synthetic Shock Oil
    • 650/350 spring rates
    • Rebound Adjustable : 20pts
    • Spherical bearing upper mounts standard
    • Individual Parts Available
    • 3-Year Warranty Against Defect
    • Approx 2wks to hand assemble and ship
    The price on our site is $1380, but I'll knock $500 off for a guinea pig. I'll also give you the same springs (Magnitude Suspension) we use on our ST model at no additional cost. This just covers our costs, and you'll get our full support. If we need to make changes, we'll do it until we get it right. While I don't want to have any customizing done on this; spring rates are open to your choice but 650/350 seems to be the magic number for all around use.

The goal in mind here is to have a suspension that your average car guy would like, so I need you to be subjective in that respect. If you didn't see this post, and you just found us by accident and ordered; would you be happy? Make sense?

On our site, I have the Eclipse/ Laser/ Talon listed, but in this scenario, the Laser isn't a factor. If you want to dive in, let me know and I'll give you a code to use on the site. I really only need one person...but I'm also not opposed to doing a second to maybe see if your reviews are similar.

https://flatoutsuspension.net/products/mitsubishi-eclipse-coilovers-sr

Questions?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    josh408, Widgmaster, talon77 and 4 others like this.
  2. Flatout Suspension

Joined Sep 24, 2020
    Baltimore, Maryland
    ...well, in 28 hours time, I got three lined up!!

I’ll try and post some build pictures along the way. I’m trying to get everyone in overdrive as we have a lot of orders in queue!

Thank you guys for the warm welcome and support in our endeavors, it means a lot!

Dericsh and randman2011 like this.
  3. rival

rival Proven Member

Joined Dec 12, 2004
    aiken, South Carolina
    Cant wait to see the good things to come from you guys, and look forward to working with you along the way!

Road Race Build 4K  12

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    SwiftKidGSX likes this.
  4. Black95TSIawd

Black95TSIawd Proven Member

Joined Jan 28, 2003
    Dirty, New Jersey
    Make something for us more handling focused group. 2 way adjustability, Digressive valving with proper rebound and compression range, and can handle spring rates over 1000lb up front and over 600lb in the rear.

6K  8

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    184.4 whp · 251.0 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  5. Flatout Suspension

Joined Sep 24, 2020
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I've implemented some changes to the order options. I'm grouping 1G and 2G as "DSM" vs Talon & Eclipse...we all know a DSM is a DSM, so it's all in one place. The big change is the option to add reservoirs.

I'm going to give these the Club Sport variant vs the SR as these are modular and can go from basic street set up to a more track oriented version. Right now, we're still on the 2G, but don't worry...1G and GVR4 are on the drawing board, I promise.

https://flatoutsuspension.net/products/mitsubishi-eclipse-coilovers-sr

ec17pse and mitsumike0 like this.