The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g pistons or these??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsM KiD4

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 25, 2006
salinas, California
i have a 7bolt off a friends 96 gst laying around the garage. im experiencing alot of blow by so i had a couple questions regarding replacing pistons and rings. Do these pistons/rings http://www.extremepsi.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=18466&cat=255&page=1&veh=1G%20DSM from extreme psi look worth buying? The 7bolt snapped a timing belt and the pistons slapped the valves. I can't really see any damage on the piston but can i have them tested to see if they are ruined? My question is should i get the pistons on extrempsi or use 2g pistons? what size overbore .20 or .40? Sorry for the noobish questions, i've just never had first hand experience with engine internals.... thanks in advance..

why do do think 2g pistons are better? Can someone link me to a site i can buy piston rings w/overbore option?

You should get evo pistons/rods from an evo 8... Cheapest forged internals you'll find.

i have seen about around 400 to 450 hp on evo 8 pistons and rods, but they eventually shattered a piston, but they can take alot off abuse in a street car but if your going 4 alot of hp get a dif piston

could you elaborate a little more? I havn't visited the evo forums very much. What horsepower are evo 8 guys getting away with using stock internals?

With a solid tune they have hit over 550awhp on stock internals.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back