The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G OEM Stereo/Aftermarket Amp Install!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfiniteGSX

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2002
Tijeras, New_Mexico
Hey guys, When I got my Clipse it didn't have a stereo. Little did I know that not only was the stereo gone, the OEM amp wasn't there. I found this out yesterday. I was hopeing to borrow one until I can get a head unit to install my 400Wx4 Amp but I am unlucky in this effort.

Last night I went through the harness with a battery and a light bulb and found all the speaker wires (Mitsubishi ROCKS at wireing! They grouped up each speaker wire set by twisting them together. That was sweet!) and the power wires. The amp is wired up beautifully but there are 4 wires left, twisted in a pair of two just like the speaker wires. I didn't get any power comming out of these, nor could I hear anything when I hooked up a battery to them. So I am asuming that these are part of the Pre-Amp output wires. But the problem is, there should be 8 wires, 4 Positive and 4 negative for all 4 channels. but there isn't. These wires are also colored exactly like th two rear speaker wires.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this? If a photo will help, I will gladly provide one upon request. I also might be going into town if anyone wants to meet up to help me with this. I also have to modify the passenger seat because this amp is twice the size of the OEM amp so the seat is kinda crushing the new amp and wont move.

Hit me up about this as soon as you can, I will be going into town with my mom and my girlfriend in a little bit to spend some time with my family, so if you know anything about this and dont get to it until around 2, call me on my cell phone at 505-489-3842.

Thank You,
Joshua A. Gray

I dont get what your triyng to ask, but what you need to do for an aftermarket amp on a stock oem system is to get an output converter, then hook your rcas to that and to your amp. Hook the amp up directly to the speakers. All the wires wiill be right there at the stock harness to tie into, but make sure you cut the wires behind the oem unit otherwise youll be sending an amped signal to your head unit as our wires run in parrallel.
And yes they will all be there, I did it on my car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back