The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Resolved 2G No Ignition, No Accessories, No CEL

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZombieSix

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 29, 2012
Guam, Asia
So i pulled my cluster to take off the ghetto overlays, i reinstalled fired up car, saw needles were kidn of off, turned car off went to adjust needles, tried to turn car back on. Nothing. it senses key is in, only things that work are headlights and door locks. no radio or windows or CEL when you place key in. Only light i get on my dash is my Door open light and security light when doors lock and im inside., nothin like that its like it doesnt know the keys in? i initially thought it was my alarm locking everything up but i dont think so anymore because i did the steps to bypass the start kill on it. Very confused and my entire driverside is torn apart, all sorts of wires all over from the previouos owners alarm install and a pillar installations, so everythings a mess, shits taped into all over. Checked what i think is ignition plug in steering column, it looks good, could this be just a dead battery, but i would think not because lights work and no Accessories work?

Please help this is my first tuner car and im trying my best to learn everything i can i even got my tactrix in the mail yesterday but now my cars broke so i cant even delve into that.

thanks in advance.

EDIT Basically everything that works without the key works...Its like the key doesnt know its in? chcked the blue plug in steering column, its got some things spliced into it but it seems fine overall, only thing that lets me know the key is in is that i hear the beeep when i place it in with door open. other then that the key aint doing shit.

Last edited:
Solution
Viper alarm wires shorted and ####ed up. SHIT install from prev owner. I ripped the whole thing out and programed an OEM key fob. Also double check your fuses I blew one of mine in the process of juggling wires around
your ignition switch went bad OR the tip of the key tumbler broke off..if youve ever had one apart you would know.. do you know how to pull the tumbler out? just put key in and turn to the ON position and push on the small button on bottom of cylinder and pull the whole thing out.. pretty simple

Looked at fuses, they look good...couldnt pull the 100a one for the engine because my wrenchs suck..but it doesnt look blown. Tumbler tip would that caz all of these problems?? My viper alarm doesnt unlock doors anymore either, at first i thought the alarm completley locked the car down, but i bypassed the ignition for it and it should start..but its not unless tis like wired into the ecu or something i dont know. like nothing happens besides the things u can do without a key, hazards door locks and lights are the only things that work. Ignition switch going bad? that would cause my alarm to not unlock anymore? battery terminals look fine, also tried jumping it and it did same thing, nothing.

Check your MPI relay. Both the CAS and the ECU get power from the MPI relay and it gets power from the fuse on the battery. The gauge cluster bulb test (no warning lights not just no cel) is on a different circuit with the only common part being the battery and the ignition switch since the ECU needs to see 12v from the ignition terminal to activate the MPI relay.

Would mpi relay cause my viper alarm to not lock/unlock doors? also, unhooked battery for 10 mins, rehooked it back up, still nothing.

Check the leads going to the fuse box. Mine had the exact same symptoms and it turned out the lead to the fuse box was loose.

Viper alarm wires shorted and ####ed up. SHIT install from prev owner. I ripped the whole thing out and programed an OEM key fob. Also double check your fuses I blew one of mine in the process of juggling wires around

Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back