The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G ***NEW PRODUCT*** Quaife rack and pinion AKA Quickrack, W/Optional EPS kits (CLOSED)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I not reuse the old ones? Are they wear items? EDIT: The inner tie rod, I mean. I understand that the tie rod ends are wear items, but I just replaced both of mine 600 miles ago.

The inners have the same function as the outers and see the same loads. I have often had the inner go out before the outer on some vehicles. I'm just going to replace all 4 because they are pretty inexpensive.

Hey everyone, glad you all getting the racks in and some perhaps starting to install them.

I have been asked a few times for an item during the year and most recently so before i make this post i wanted to make sure its within the rules of the group to post in this thread so i asked Chris for this approval.

I have been working on a V2 bump steer kit for about a year now and i made 1 set for my car.
this kit is a 100% completely new from scratch and it is a full kit which includes inner tie rods and bellows.

FEW DETAILS OF THE NEW KIT

* This new kit has a 1 piece outer shaft that always stays in place. on this shaft you will have spacers to adjust within 1mm increments so achieve the desired setup you want to run with.
this new shaft also allows me to get a fraction closer to the steering arm center so this means your able to cancel out more then my V1 kit. both kits work very well and this just takes things a step further now i learnt more and data from the V1 kit.

* you now get a 14mm outer rod end for added strength and loading and the middle shaft is high grade steel for strength.

* it also includes new bellows and high quality inner tie rods chosen by me for my new design and its all directly bolt on with zero modifications needed.

I dont have an exact price just yet but a basic working out including shipping this complete kit will cost about $450.

This is a complete steering kit just to clarify so replaces everything MINUS THE RACK (have to say that just incase)
if anyone is interested i could bring the item forward to just after Christmas and if numbers are ok I can get a 100% price sorted out once i know what numbers im working with as i normally base off of 20 sets minimum

if interested either reply here or PM me

******(note) a 1G version will be made at some point but this will be longer vs the 2G version******

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

dam bobby you have some huge mfin brakes!!!!

id want the tie rods but not till after the car is running (itll be a whiiiile)

dam bobby you have some huge mfin brakes!!!!

id want the tie rods but not till after the car is running (itll be a whiiiile)
Wanted to step up the game on braking. Extra wide pistons but not endurance spec as those are even wider anr thicker 25mm pads vs my 18mm pads.

I didnt plan to look at realeasing these till sometime in 2021 but i was asked about if im doing any of my kit while people are doing these racks so it prompted me to reach out and see if its something people would want with their racks

Hey everyone, glad you all getting the racks in and some perhaps starting to install them.

I have been asked a few times for an item during the year and most recently so before i make this post i wanted to make sure its within the rules of the group to post in this thread so i asked Chris for this approval.

I have been working on a V2 bump steer kit for about a year now and i made 1 set for my car.
this kit is a 100% completely new from scratch and it is a full kit which includes inner tie rods and bellows.

* This new kit has a 1 piece outer shaft that always stays in place. on this shaft you will have spacers to adjust within 1mm increments so achieve the desired setup you want to run with.
this new shaft also allows me to get a fraction closer to the steering arm center so this means your able to cancel out more then my V1 kit. both kits work very well and this just takes things a step further now i learnt more and data from the V1 kit.

* you now get a 14mm outer rod end for added strength and loading and the middle shaft is high grade steel for strength.

* it also includes new bellows and high quality inner tie rods chosen by me for my new design and its all directly bolt on with zero modifications needed.

I dont have an exact price just yet but a basic working out including shipping this complete kit will cost about $450.

This is a complete steering kit just to clarify so replaces everything MINUS THE RACK (have to say that just incase)
if anyone is interested i could bring the item forward to just after Christmas and if numbers are ok I can get a 100% price sorted out once i know what numbers im working with as i normally base off of 20 sets minimum

******(note) a 1G version will be made at some point but this will be longer vs the 2G version******

Count me in Bobby. Was just looking into redoing all my tie rods. May as well upgrade. I may take a bit to respond on here but I’m good for it.

Count me in Bobby. Was just looking into redoing all my tie rods. May as well upgrade. I may take a bit to respond on here but I’m good for it.
Ha no worries dude. Not everyone is mega active on here or gets the time to comment or view it. I just thought i would ask in this thread first before i look outside of it as i dont want you guys who got the rack to miss out on anything for your new racks going in.

I

If we already have the V1 kit, would we be able to just purchase the 1 piece outer shaft to use with the V1? Essentially making our V1 a V2.

I

If we already have the V1 kit, would we be able to just purchase the 1 piece outer shaft to use with the V1? Essentially making our V1 a V2.
No because this is 14mm shaft vs 12mm. Its a complete redesigned setup from scratch this time. To get the middle bar and a full outer rod end the inner tie rod needs to be shorter so i found one that works with my design after many bought and tested out.
So nothing can be transfered im afraid.

Got mine today. Finally, the wait is over.

Not very happy about the powdercoating. Two very large bubbles that are basically ready to fall off. I almost don't even care at this point but pretty disappointed to say the least.

Attachments

• 20201219_170825.jpg
    20201219_170825.jpg
    970.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 20201219_170803.jpg
    20201219_170803.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 81
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back