The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G ***NEW PRODUCT*** Quaife rack and pinion AKA Quickrack, W/Optional EPS kits (CLOSED)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOOD NEWS!!

I have confirmation that the rack kits are complete and are currently sitting in goods out awaiting packing and then shipping!
Once i receive them I have to work out the sizes and weights to then proceed with my part to get them over to Brandon, this may take me a small amount of time as i have to make sure i get this securely over there.

Well hello to you all!!! Amazing news! THEY HAVE ARRIVED!!!

now they are in i am going to get the final specs like full weight and look into getting it on a pallet or similer.
So i shall be on it and hope to get these off very soon.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have some boxes on order or rather crate! All the bubble wrap is in and i shall start the process of packing the crate and getting it on a pallet and sort that shipping out. So im nearly there and not long now till these will be on US soil!

Here are a few closeups of my spare unit i had.

Right everyone!!

Pallet is on its way over to Brandon @ Eatonmotorworks!!!

Wanted to make it unique to see so added DSM for laughs. Hopefully it will be there by early next week!!! Yay and once again thanks for your time patiance and being part of this product

So a small update and one i hope you will lauge at because after it was sorted i had to.

the pallet went friday, then later that night i get an email! pallet beling delivered monday but then noticed my collection postcode! ok weird. so i hop onto the shippers site and see its being returned to me! now im worrying what I have done wrong or missed off. as you can imagine im going crazy wondering everything is wrong but i had no way of checking until sat morning so i had to calmly wait.

sat morning comes and i stay home waiting till they open at 9AM sharp!!! they was nice and said they had to call the customs adgent becaue they have not logged it down for them to see. ok so i get told to call back monday (today).

once i hung up with them i did a life chat with the courier and they tell me its due to density, so i google this and what pops up is freight density and now i worry i did not calculate the weight vs sixe correctly and now im even more stessed but was never told to do this and my pallen was fine when i booked it over the phone.

sunday im working on the car and it popped into my head that density also means depth / thickness so i lean towards that as the reason.
but Monday arrives and bang on 8AM im ringing up, speak to the advisor who then wondering why as still nothing on the system yet, about 40 mins later I rceive a call back that it was too dense to go into their X-ray machine and thats all im told! no other reason or why anything!!!!! great so im in the dark aout this and how do i fix this then as i cannot fix what they dont tell me.

I then lean back towards my thickness idea, this next bit you will laugh at!

I get a call from the courier customs folks and i get to ask them directly on this and he explained the packaging is too packed to see what the item was and it failed a visual examination because they could not get into the box. IT TURNS OUT I OVER PACKED IT TOO MUCH and they failed it because my packing skills was great! and both the shippers and the couriers laughed at this and said this is a rare thing to happen.

so for the fix I have taken out some of the foam so they can at least do a visual from the top if they require to but i left the foam around the sides for protection, I confirmed this with the couriers and its approved to be a better idea and at lease they can see the item inside.

so lesson here is not to over pack things LOL Collection is rebooked for wednesday 4TH solets try round 2 and see if it works this time around shall we.

Pallet was picked up (again) and i maxe sure it was less restrictive for them to do a visual inspection on it.
Tracking was watched as i was nervous as i would be but good news is they accepted it!

Its officially on its way and estimated delivery date is this friday 6th! Im so happy this has gone through

Can’t wait to get to look at mine and read all yous guise reviews on drivability

Pallet was picked up (again) and i maxe sure it was less restrictive for them to do a visual inspection on it.
Tracking was watched as i was nervous as i would be but good news is they accepted it!

Its officially on its way and estimated delivery date is this friday 6th! Im so happy this has gone through
Yeah, finally :)

Hey everybody some really good news! Brandon at EMW (Eaton motorworks) has received the pallet of steering racks and pinions! He has kindly sent me some pictures for me to post up now he has received them.

Im so happy they arrived and safely to. Big huge relif off my mind and head.

Dang. Life caught up with me for a bit here and had a lot of catching up to do. I have had the rack out of my car for a while, and just hadn’t been able to send it in. I should be able to get it out tomorrow or Tuesday. Hopefully it’s not too late. Good to see the final products though!!!!

Dang. Life caught up with me for a bit here and had a lot of catching up to do. I have had the rack out of my car for a while, and just hadn’t been able to send it in. I should be able to get it out tomorrow or Tuesday. Hopefully it’s not too late. Good to see the final products though!!!!
Please do asap so he has it in ready, email Brandon to keep him updated on the situation please.
Thanks

Please do asap so he has it in ready, email Brandon to keep him updated on the situation please.
Thanks
Yeah, I’ve already handled all that. If I can’t get in with the group and the rate changes for me, so be it. Logging in today was a pleasant surprise seeing the progress as I had basically already written it off. Thank you for all your tireless efforts getting this to us man.

Yeah, I’ve already handled all that. If I can’t get in with the group and the rate changes for me, so be it. Logging in today was a pleasant surprise seeing the progress as I had basically already written it off. Thank you for all your tireless efforts getting this to us man.
Never write anything i do off! I shall always do my upmost to make it work for you all! New items are hard to make work and bring out but if i can do it you bet im going to give it my all.

Its ways my pleasure to do all the project im involved in. Its what makes us a community and keeps us going strong

Never write anything i do off! I shall always do my upmost to make it work for you all! New items are hard to make work and bring out but if i can do it you bet im going to give it my all.

Its ways my pleasure to do all the project im involved in. Its what makes us a community and keeps us going strong
I apologize. It’s been a long night at work and my forum etiquette is lacking. I didn’t mean to imply I wrote it off due to your efforts. Shortly after this began, life threw some curveballs that forced my gsx to take a backseat and I had written off the prospect of getting this fulfilled on my end. Going back through the thread, you were absolutely a wonder to behold making sure things were up to par and moving. In fact, I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a group buy that I’ve participated in go so smoothly. Huge kudos to that. The product looks amazing and I’m extremely anxious to get wrenching on my car again. :hellyeah:

The timing is actually pretty close to perfect! While I waited for my block to return from the shop I pulled the pump and hard lines last week and the engine build began yesterday. I'm hoping that I have just enough time to get the Eclipse running and then immediately swap the rack and get an alignment.

I apologize. It’s been a long night at work and my forum etiquette is lacking. I didn’t mean to imply I wrote it off due to your efforts. Shortly after this began, life threw some curveballs that forced my gsx to take a backseat and I had written off the prospect of getting this fulfilled on my end. Going back through the thread, you were absolutely a wonder to behold making sure things were up to par and moving. In fact, I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a group buy that I’ve participated in go so smoothly. Huge kudos to that. The product looks amazing and I’m extremely anxious to get wrenching on my car again. :hellyeah:
Arh i may of read it wrong also so im sorry so if i did. Life happens and we just along for the ride but hope everything your end is more on track and now able to be back on the DSM and easier life.

Its certainly the longest group buy i know of thats for sure LOL not that i wanted it that was but because it had to be planned well and first time items like this does take time. But now its done repeat orders should be alot easier and faster (if another batch goes ahead)

The timing is actually pretty close to perfect! While I waited for my block to return from the shop I pulled the pump and hard lines last week and the engine build began yesterday. I'm hoping that I have just enough time to get the Eclipse running and then immediately swap the rack and get an alignment.
I hope it will time up nicely for you. I got done removing my lines and pump today but cant install it yet as i need to make some new shafts for the new inner tie rods im making which i didnt think about till today! Ooppps

I am pretty excited to get this on... I accidentally sent Brandon two cores, so if someone doesn't have their core in, PM and ill see if we can work something out.
How does one do that on accident? Haha

I purchased a rack and pinion on ebay to have them ship to brandon as a core. The seller cancelled the order, said they didnt have the item in stock.
I purchased a second rack and pinion on ebay. The seller said the item was damaged and would cancel the order.
I purchased a third rack and pinion on ebay. The seller shipped the item.
Seller of second rack and pinion says, "nevermind, we have it, shipped to you today".
Both racks 2 and 3 arrive at Brandon's on the same day.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back