The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink 2g New engine needs tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamonDSM98

Supporting Member
Oct 2, 2017
Detroit, Michigan
I would love to learn how to tune on my own! But I feel like I’m overthinking with all of this tuning stuff. Some insight would help a lot! I also already paid a tuner and gave him my log. I would just love to understand thins ECMLink a lot more.

So here it is!
I have a fully built brand new engine from RIX Racing. Ricky told me to get it to operating tempt, let it run for some time, drain the break in oil, refill with whatever oil I want to run for 500 miles then do another oil change. She did indeed have her first initial startup but there were hiccups. Then I made a to-do list to get done before I got it running for the second time. I corrected everything now with no leaks and ready to start her up again!

My real question is how should I set my global etc in ECMLink? I don’t know what’s correct.. I was told my AFR gauge should read No higher than 14.7 but isn’t that for gas only? Need some insight. I appreciate it !

ENGINE
2.0 7bolt with 1g CAS
Oring deck
Wiseco Hd pistons
Manley turbo tuff rods
Supertech beehives
3g revised lifters
Knockoff Tial bov
Evo3 intake mani w rebuilt NT TB
t4 top mount hx40
Speed Density
Stock ignition
AEM X series wideband
Front o2 simulated

FUEL
100% e85
-8 feed for fuel -6 for return with hellcat525 pump to 2150cc FIC
Fuel lab fuel filter

The 14.7 is for E85 too, a wideband setup senses Lambda and converts the Lambda to numbers that you are more familiar with, so if your wideband is setup to show afr on a gasoline scale it will still show the right numbers even with ethanol.

The 14.7 is for E85 too, a wideband setup senses Lambda and converts the Lambda to numbers that you are more familiar with, so if your wideband is setup to show afr on a gasoline scale it will still show the right numbers even with ethanol.
okay I was concerned because it was reading 9.8ish -10.2 when I had it running

It's too rich. Ricky will see that and dial in your injectors closer. The place he will probably be playing to start with is the Global fuel on the Fuel tab. Basically the more NEGATIVE the number%, the longer the injector will stay closed, leaning out the mixture. Deadtimes also come into play but the calculator on fuel tab will tell you if your Global number is close or not. Run the calculator, use 9.8 as stoichiometry for Ethanol and set the pressure at 43.5 then hit the "calculate" button and see if what it tells you is close to what you have in your Global Fuel number at the bottom of that tab.
I have included a few samples so you can try to get an idea. I hope it helps you in understanding that section.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ahh okok I was confused then. Thanks for the input, I understand how that works now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back