The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G 2g Megan Racing adjustable upper control arm!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadlyAKrunna47

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2009
Seattle, Washington
Looks like a new product made by Megan Racing. Adjustable front upper controle arm for a 2g! looks like a nice piece! I think im going to give it a shot!

Anybody running one of these yet?

Have a search as there are a few threads on this already! They have clearance issues just like the spc ones did. The megans are alot higher compared to the oem ones, ive held these in my hands and they are super heavy and the angle is just way off so thats why they will have an issue with hitting.

It sucks we don't have a proper upper arm made for our cars. That's why I modified my stock ones. 500 miles and 4 autocrosses later, arms are still good. -2.7 camber.

It sucks we don't have a proper upper arm made for our cars. That's why I modified my stock ones. 500 miles and 4 autocrosses later, arms are still good. -2.7 camber.

Okay so after drilling new holes. Clearancing them. Reinforcing them, and raising you car slightly you were able to net -2.7 degrees of camber in the front.
I like your modification because its cheap and functional.

What other aspects do the megan ones offer? Up top said they are heavy and the angle is off and will hit on suspension travel. Is it something that can be fixed or just not worth it.

I have the Megan upper control arms, but not installed yet.

But Paul volk says he will be making adjustable upper control arms soon. I'm sure it will be the best upper arms ever available for the 2g.

I have the Megan upper control arms, but not installed yet.

But Paul volk says he will be making adjustable upper control arms soon. I'm sure it will be the best upper arms ever available for the 2g.

If Paul said he is making them then I'll just wait. No reason, to grab Megan when paul will put in way more effort.

I have them. They work as advertised. Not too many street miles, but quite a few autocross runs with sticky tires. No issues so far other than some slight contact to the chassis. My car is not over lowered either.

Megan, godspeed, hardrace, all the same item and made by the same chinese company no doubt just sold under different names

Still have mine on. Again, not much for daily driving miles, but i've down quite a few autocross events and they haven't slipped yet. Key is to torque the bolts down equally.

I installed my arms a couple of weeks ago. I adjusted them FULL negative camber and attempted to drive it to friend's shop 2 miles away. I immediately realized that this was NOT a good idea! I could feel that two front tires were fighting each other! So I turned around in neighbor's driveway and headed home to eyeball the alignment. Tires appeared to be -3* on each side! Way too much tow to attempt to drive like this! So I did my best, just by looking at it. When I finally got to the shop my eyeball alignment was pretty good (only .15* off!). My camber was -4.2 and -3.2, I adjusted my left side to be -3.3 and ended up with -3.3/-3.2.

I haven't inspected it yet after Shootout AutoX, but it felt great!

So, takeaway from this post: FULL negative is between -3 and -4 degrees, DO NOT attempt to drive after installing these arms in FULL negative, without at least eyeballing alignment!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back