The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2g MAF Translator Install for cars running DSMlink (blow-thru setup)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here is the simple install of a MAFT for blow-thru use. When using DSMlink the white and purple wire are not used. So cut them shorter and tape the ends off (I tucked the 2 wires under the MAFT when I mounted it to the firewall).

All you need to do is plug the connector from the translator into the stock MAS plug, make sure the pink wire from the translator lines up with the red wire on the stock MAS plug.

The other plug goes to the actual GM MAS.

Pull your stock MAS plug from the stock location back to where it comes out of the main engine harness. Then point it towards the firewall.
I am going to attach pics to show where to mount the MAFT and how to run the wires so they are all tucked away nicely.

Attachments

• feb28569.jpg
    feb28569.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 7,087
Pic of wiring routing behind main wiring harness and under where AC lines come out (mine arent there as you can see).

Attachments

• feb28570.jpg
    feb28570.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 6,717
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back