The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

General 2g MAF 1g combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVTBernie

15+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2006
South Burlingto, Vermont
I have a dejon hard intake pipe with recirc that I bought and really want to install but read I need an safc. Or go straight GM maft/maf. I also read that you need 550s which I have. So can I just run this set up @12 PSI and not blow up my car? I also have a 255 fuel pump

I had my car run with a 2g maf and 550's which is a great combo and compensates the 2g maf which wants more fuel.

The car pulled awesome but I only used it for about 1 month and switched to maft.

Oh and by the way, I had a 16g and was running 16psi.

I will be testing this combo shortly. I think where people run into the problems is that not all 550's are created equal. Only some set the flow rate at 45psi fuel pressure while other use much higher. So be sure to know what fuel pressure the injectors are rated at.

Evo 560's are a common with the combo and i've seen many problems there as well. It seems most run rich, which makes perfect sense as they flow more like 580's. So i wouldn't recommend them.

So just do some basic calculations to figure the exact size injector you need to pair with your fuel pressure regulator to get the 23-28-ish % increase. Since the maf will read 25% lower.

1G MT = 37psi
1G A/T = 43psi
1G NT = 48psi
All 2G turbo cars are 43psi also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I'm ready for this install I have the 2g pigtail with correct wires. I've started reading on the VFAQ on installing but I'm confused. I have a 1g plug which I cut from a 1g turbo and couldnt find a 2g turbo so I took of a 3000 GT VR4 which I read is the same, as well as the MAF from the car as well, so now I have 2 Identical MAF boxes, 2g Harness and spare 1g plug. Whats the easiest way to install without nightmares? I will eventually upgrade to MAFT so I dont care if I use the spare 1g for plug and swap.

So cut the 1g plug from my car, take the 1g wires and connect to 2g wires?

With the 2g pigtail as you can see in the article.Need any help from there, Me or 91 would love to make you get this correctly installed.;):thumb: Cut about an inch from the 1g harness,so going back to it later can be a direct reverse mod.

Ok so I have a 1g pig tail. So I understand this right. I cut my 1g maf wire off my car enough to go back to stock if I desire. Match my colored wires to the 2g maf wires?

Please get us a picture of the pigtail harness.Yes 3k mafs work too,But the n/t you may have to add a wire,just like wiring a 2g maf into 1g n/t.

Anyone want to log AFR's running a 2g MAF on a 1g with stock 450's? I'm beginning to think its bs that 550's are necessary to match it. The stock 1g fuel map calls for 9:1 AFR's above 10lbs...it could use a little leaning out. If no one gets to it before I bring my GSX up here to TN I'll do it myself, just curious on the results.

Anyone want to log AFR's running a 2g MAF on a 1g with stock 450's? I'm beginning to think its bs that 550's are necessary to match it. The stock 1g fuel map calls for 9:1 AFR's above 10lbs...it could use a little leaning out. If no one gets to it before I bring my GSX up here to TN I'll do it myself, just curious on the results.

I could if i still had a set of 450's. But i will be posting up some info on the 550's as soon as i get some time to finish it up. Afr's and logs, etc.

I remember running across a thread where someone tried that. It seems like they were running mid 12 afr's with the 450's.

2gMAF. 550's, wally 255, AFPR, 22lbs boost all day long

I'd say it'd probably work "ok" with a 43.5psi fpr instead of the 37.5 manual fpr.

So will this work?

Try it and see what happens instead of asking us what to do.The answer has been in front of you the whole time.I also gave you what to do if theres only 6 wires on the harness.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back