The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2g lift gate help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95'RS-T

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
Germansville, Pennsylvania
I recently swapped my 2ga hatch for a 2gb. Long story short I got the hatch bolted on and it seems to fit and close except it has a 1/4" gap on the left side. The right side looks like the correct distance. I wanted to know if there are a left and right adjustment. I been trying to adjust this thing for months to no avail. Thanks.

About all you can so is adjust the hatch where it bolts to the frame. It's gonna be a lot of trail and error. I'd suggest keeping the hatch closed and latch without the bolt in and attempt to outline the hinges. I know it'd be a tight fit, so maybe try that with all the interior panels removed. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I have the hinge bolts loose right now. When it's open I can shift it to the left and right. I tried pulling it as far left as I could and then tightened the bolts, but it still has the gap. I mean it's a little less of a gap, but you can clearly see its not right. I'll snap a pic later today when I get to my garage.

You could use washers or shims on either hinge to help with the alignment. 1 washer under each bolt on the hinge should get you really close to lined up. Worth a try if you have some laying around.

I do have some laying around. I have been very busy lately, and have not had time to mess with it. I got some pics I'm going to post up so you can see what I mean.
Here are some pics, never mind the rust.

This is the left side
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Right side
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Wow these pics are huge, I'll fix them tomorrow uploaded from iPhone.

I just sold my 2gb gst for a 2ga gsx and I tried this earlier today with the same problem and I just put the lifters back on and it torque it enough to fix it but I pulled them off to try to fix your problem and the washers fixed it and it worked with the lifters too so good luck dude

And try not to bondo the car too much LOL

Haha it's all sanded smooth now. I keep redoing it as this is my first time filling anything with bondo, because I don't have a welder. I was thinking of fiberglassing it instead, but also considering taking it all back off to actually get it welded by someone. I'll give some washers a try.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back