The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 2G Injector Plug on a 1G How-To

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok, this is a straight forward "How-To" on the replacement of the 1G injector clips for the much easier-to-use 2G injector plugs WITHOUT RE-WIRING!!!!

Here the basic differences are noticable by the 1G having the wire clip to hold onto the injector, while the 2G doesn't, it uses (2) tension clips to hold them on. This is the basis for the whole project, just simple ease for the dsmer!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just a quick view of the plug(s) I cut from a 2G harness at the yard.

First thing to do is use a small flathead screwdriver or a metal pick as I did, and just gently pry the gray clip off the back of the 2G plug from both sides. I found it much easier to release the single tab first, then the triple tab second, then it will just fall off.

Good picture of the instrument used to do most of the work.

This the first of two possible ways to release the wires. This way you simply go into the slot above the pin and put pressure in a outwards manner (away from the plug) to release the small plastic clip inside.

Here you just want to put some light pressure , pulling the wire away from the plug, and with some movment of the pick, it should release fairly easy, and pull out from the back.

The second way you can do this is to come in from the back and release the inner tab that way. I don't recommend this as the small rubber wire guard could be damaged in doing so.

This is what you should have after releasing the wires to "discard" and retain the plug and gray clip for use on the 1G harness. This same procedure is used to release the 1G clips after pulling the wire clips.

Once you have separated the wires from the plugs, simply plug the 1G wires fromthe harness into the 2G plugs, snap the gray wire holder back onto the back of the 2G plug and push onto the injector, and your done!

Best part of whole project is it only cost me $1.18 for all four connectors at the junkyard!
Hope this helps everybody! Also like to thank "DSM or Alphamale" from Niles, MI for the info!!!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back