The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Info Discontinued OEM Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95er97gsxtreme

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 2, 2002
Deland, Florida
Just some info on some 2G parts. Was trying to find a part for 98TSIAWD today and found out the part was discontinued.

2G 5 speed manual shifter cables p/n MB910538 is no longer available form Mitsubishi.
Checked with Mitsubishi Vintage Parts and found they were not available there. Chrysler has 2 left (1 now) in the national warehouse. Going for $121.00.

Other parts rumored discontinued but not verified:
2G throttle body (a good thing, the 1G tb is still available hmm, wonder why?)
2G headliner

Just thought it was some news that needed to get out there. If anyone has any leads on the shifter cables post up the info.

Thanks for the heads up! I wonder if JNZ Tuning still has them.

Jeez i have problems with this at my dealer to

let me start my list.....

1g floor mats
2g floor mats
1g carpet
2g carpet.
- all gone none left in the nation.

Howie, do you know if they even make new stuff still....or is it from stock back in 90-99.
I bet the still make control arms and crap like that. but interior peices and misc. stuff seems to be becoming rare.

parts that I had a hard time trying to get ahold off....of the top of my head.

97-99 turbo wing
any decal...besides the front cover emblem.
almost all eagle parts are spread out and hard to find.
i orderd 3 gaskets fro my talon wing...and each gasket came from a differnt corner of the country!

-i'll add more tomorrow

the reason interior items are discontinued is because there is basically no need for them. In a wreck, how many people replace the floormats after they get out of the body shop? On that note, I wish they did still make floormats because I need some BAAAD and id buy atleast 3 sets:thumb:

I stoped by a Mitsu dealer trying to see how much i could get a new 1G BOV for and they wanted $219.99 WTF!!

WTF Can you say price gaugingWTF I think Talahasee(spelling) sells them for 70 dollars or so before the dsm.org discount

I was at the dealer on Saturday and they want $606 for a hood...unpainted...I just bought one from autopartspeople.com factory OEM for 325.

4BangR-x said:
WTF Can you say price gaugingWTF I think Talahasee(spelling) sells them for 70 dollars or so before the dsm.org discount

I was at the dealer on Saturday and they want $606 for a hood...unpainted...I just bought one from autopartspeople.com factory OEM for 325.

junkyard....$40:thumb:

98TSIAWD told me that JNZ Tuning is who told him the cables were discoontinued. That's why he called me.

Recent items I bought and had no propblem getting were:
Door boxes
Power window switch
Door handle
Outside door sashes
Weatherstripping for doors
Exterior trim on top side of door jam
All rear suspension components minus struts and springs
Rear cradle bushings

Alex - no idea if they are still making the stuff I think w/ the 4G they have started to drop
the 2G stuff.

98gstaherns - Don't go to the dealer for a 1G bov, you can get them new from various sites for about $100.00 bucks (dsmparts.com has them for $96.95) I got a used one for $50.00.

I bought the last passenger side strut tower in the nation a few months ago :D it was pretty bent up when i got it and had a manufacture date of 11 of 95 and it appears to be the first replacement one produced. I still need to get that painted and put on. I also need to get that last shift cable soon b/c the bushings in mind are complely gone. On that note do they just sell the bushings separatly or do I need the whole cable?

4BangR-x said:

It could be that the person at the parts window didn't understand what you were wanting, I have come across that problem before. They know less about cars then most of us on the site.

And you can get Chrysler 300 floor mats that fit nicely on a 2G (or at least thats what I have heard)

I god in a wreck last winter and the body shop and I had a heck of a time finding the 95-96 talon sideskirts that say DOHC TURBO on them. I had to get the 2 pieces of the skirt from different sides of the country. Why doesn't an aftermarket company get on this problem and make some dough?

DSMBOB has a vast knowledge of OEM parts. Contact him about anything you need.

And if you really can't find a cable and you need an exact replacement contact motionpro cables. They'll make any cable and it will be better.

Cables aren't a hard to make item. Nothing like trying to find a tranny case or a real oem part.

95er97gsxtreme said:
98gstaherns - Don't go to the dealer for a 1G bov, you can get them new from various sites for about $100.00 bucks (dsmparts.com has them for $96.95) I got a used one for $50.00.

Oh yea i know that for sure! I work at a shop so i get it at cost though dealers..Just wondering!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back